Chapter 11

"Leah." I hear someone say.

"Hmm?" I hum.

"Your mom is calling." The voice answers.

I quickly sit up, looking around the room. I was with August, in my room. Why my mom was calling my phone is a mystery to me.

I quickly answer it. "Hi, mommy." I smile.

"Hi, sweetie. I need you and August up and ready by the time I'm back. Grandma and grandpa's flight is about to land."

"Yay! Okay, we're getting ready now. Love you, be careful."

"Love you too." We hang up.

I turn in August's arms, leaning down to kiss his cheek. His arms tighten around my waist. "Morning." I smile.

"Mawnin'." He replies.

"They'll be here soon, the flight is about to land, so get dressed." I tell him, trying to stand.

My phone dings with a text. It was from Mike.

From: Mike
Morning, gorgeous. I haven't seen you in a while, wanna get lunch?

To: Mike
My grandparents are in town today and tomorrow. Lunch on Monday?

From: Mike
How about dinner?

To: Mike
Sure. See you then.

Mike and I have gotten a lot closer these past few weeks.

August refuses to get along with Kyle, but I haven't told August about Kyle's mom yet. Hopefully they can talk it out themselves.

"Leah, can you rub ma' back?" August asks, laying on his stomach. I climb on top of him and begin massaging.

"You're warm." I giggle.

"Yo' hands is cold." He chuckles.

"You were hogging the covers." I pout.

"Whateva'." He yawns.

"August, how do you feel about Mike?"

"Who?" He asks.

"Your neighbor." I answer.

"Who? Travis?" He asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Leah don't go near dat boy." His accent gets a little stronger.

"We've been talking for a few weeks." I inform him. He flips over quickly, almost knocking me over.

"And you ain't tell me because?"

"I didn't think it mattered. We're going to dinner Monday night as friends."

August laughs loudly. "No you not. You funny though. Nice try."

"I'm serious." I whine.

"So am I. You ain't going anywhere wit' him."

"Aug, I wanted to know what you thought about. Not you to tell me what to do."

"Leah, I don't care whatchu was askin' I'm tellin' you now, you not going anywhere wit' him."

"We're going as friends and that's it." I promise.

"You gon' make me hurt somebody." August runs a hand down his face. "Get up."

"Aug." I groan, laying my head on his chest, my legs still on both side of him.

"Leah, we gotta get ready."