2

I walked into school and went to my locker. I saw Alex come up beside me, opening his locker. "Hey." I said.

"Hi." he whispered. He looked around and sighed. "Fuck."

"What?"

"Time for the daily beat up, freak." he said.

"I think not." I replied and shut my locker. I grabbed Alex and led him to our first class. We have three blocks together.

We met up and compared our schedules. I followed him to his seat and sat beside him. "You didn't have to do that." He whispered.

"Yes I did. You're a friend. And friends don't let friends get hurt. I may be a little lanky, but I've been in my fair share of fights." I answered.

"Thank you, Jack." He said. I smiled at him and petted his leg.

He tensed up and I pulled my hand away. "Sorry." I apologised.

"It's okay. I just don't like people touching me. I don't even let my parents touch me."

"Okay. No touching. Got it." I said and made a mental note.

"The only reason I let you touch me earlier is because you were getting me away from them." He said.

The teacher came in and introduced herself. Our first class was maths, which I love. I only had three classes because I finished the rest and I have three next semester. Alex was concentrating hard and taking notes. I was just sitting there. I already took statistics.

I had to retake it because it was madatory for students in grade 12. "Why aren't you taking notes?"

"I already took this class." I said.

"Can you help me? Its the first day and I don't understand anything." he asked.

"Course. Come over later." I said. He nodded and smiled at me.

"Thanks." he replied. The conversation ended and he went back to listening.

I doodled until class was over. We went to our next class and I actually paid attention. It was AP science. I get to meet Vic. He was a short Mexican with brown hair and brown eyes. He was kinda cute, but had a boyfriend. Alex is cuter though.

I talked to Vic and Alex a little during class. Our science teacher was chill. We had English with Vic's boyfriend. He didn't like Alex so Vic sat with him. Alex started falling asleep and laid his head on my shoulder. I smiled and played with his hair. I woke him up at the end of class.

He blushed and we left. I walked him to class and then went to the bleachers. I did my homework and walked back a minute before the bell rang. I got Alex from class.

"Why are you talking to me?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because I'm a freak." he answered.

"Bullshit. C'mon. I'll drive you home." I replied.

"Yes I am. As soon as it happened, everyone hated me."

"I wasn't here when that happened. I don't know what it is. And I'm not a judgemental person. So, those people need to get over it." I said and smiled at him as I started my car.

"Thanks, Jack." He mumbled. I drove him home. "Come inside."

"Um. Okay." I replied. I got out and we went inside.

"Mom, this is Jack. He's my new friend."

"Hi Jack!" she greeted and smiled at me.

"Hello, Mrs. Gaskarth." He took my hand and dragged me up to his room. I smiled and sat on his bed with him. He laid down and put his head in my lap. I played with his hair and he smiled up at me. "I thought you didn't like people touching you."

"Only when they're new to me. I've been through a lot of shit in my life. I know you won't hurt me, though." He answered.

"I won't. You're really nice, Lex." I said. He blushed and I rubbed his back.

This boy is amazing.