Chapter 181 - The Feeling of Being Electrocuted

Returning to the Cloud Peak Lake's lakeside, Yue Yang discovered to his astonishment that Hui Tai Lang had gone back to Bronze-ranked Level 3 from Silver-ranked Level 4. Hui Tai Lang, who had two heads previously, had turned back into a single head. Its body was covered with wounds, looking half dead. Yue Yang could not help but faint at the sight of this.

Other's beasts would became stronger the more they battled. Their ranks would also rise higher. This good dog, on the other hand, had actually dropped from Silver-ranked to Bronze-ranked.

Then, he saw the giant Xing Meng had fallen in front of Hui Tai Lang.

It seemed that when the giant Xing Meng tried to escape, he fought a great battle with Hui Tai Lang. Eventually, this powerful 'Mountain Destroyer Earth Demon' was tragically taken out by Hui Tai Lang.

"Was it Xing Meng who beat you up to this state?" Yue Yang was a little astonished. It did not seem that that was what had happened.

Hui Tai Lang's body was riddled with scars, new wounds covering the old ones.

It seemed like it had fought more than just one battle.

After all, he had undoubtedly ordered it to protect the Three-tailed Snow Fox. When did it sneak up here again? Seeing that the Three-tailed Snow Fox was not there, he hurriedly asked Hui Tai Lang, "Where's Luo Hua's Snow Fox?"

Hearing that Yue Yang asked about the Three-tailed Snow Fox, Hui Tai Lang lowered its head ashamedly.

Yue Yang sweated profusely. Was the Three-tailed Snow Fox killed? It was all over for him now. How would he explain this when Luo Hua woke up again?

Hui Tai Lang limped towards Yue Yang.

It was prepared to be cruelly hit by Yue Yang in a moment of anger... Seeing its pathetic look, Yue Yang put his fist down. "You're just a wolf. I shouldn't ask you to do any better. Being able to survive isn't bad at all." Yue Yang extended his hand, giving a portion of his Innate Qi to Hui Tai Lang, assisting it to rapidly recover from its wounds.

This really moved Hui Tai Lang. It howled towards the sky for a long time, displaying its appreciation for its master.

When Yue Yang was delivering his Innate Qi to Hui Tai Lang, he realized something new.

Why were there golden and white Runic Circles faintly floating out from his hands? Could this be a special phenomenon of being Innate Rank 1? Yue Yang was confused. The most mystical thing was that, there were Runic Circles on his arms. Furthermore, these Runic Circles could move on its own, changing between different shapes and runes at random. Yue Yang could not make heads or tails out of it at all.

What was even more peculiar was that Yue Yang knew these Runic Circles had a special effect of powering up his Innate Qi. With the power of the Runic Circles buff on his Innate Qi, the healing effect of his Innate Qi had grown stronger by at least ten times.

Hui Tai Lang's body and soul were extremely refreshed. It could not help but howl.

Then, suddenly, a Golden Rune surfaced on its forehead. The Runic Circles that was fluctuating on Yue Yang's arms had also appeared between its eyes. A burst of golden light came out from its body.

This anomaly caused Yue Yang to jump.

Startled, he finally realised that Hui Tai Lang could transform. It was able to conceal its true strength?

Yue Yang was curious now. Hui Tai Lang had become Gold-ranked Level 5 some time ago, yet its appearance was as if it was a Bronze-ranked Level 3 beast. If not for the effect of the treatment by the Runic Circles, even he could not see through this... If even his Level 3 [Divine Eyes] could not see through it, then Yue Yang could bet that any normal warrior would probably not be able to see that Hui Tai Lang was a Gold-ranked Level 5 Demon Wolf.