Chapter 195 - Spirit of Flame and Smoke

Xiao Wen Li stopped Yue Yang. However, she didn't make a move.

She just looked at the dead lady with her head tilted to one side. She was blinking her eyes as if she was thinking of some solutions.

When all of them looked at her, putting their hopes on her, Xiao Wen Li could only shake her head inaudibly at Yue Yang indicated that she had no solution. Yue Bing embraced Xiao Wen Li and cried broken-heartedly, "Please think about it. There must be a way. You could certainly think of a good solution. Please think about it again. I beg you, please."

Ye Kong and the Li Brothers were watching Xiao Wen Li anxiously, hoping that she would perform a miracle.

Princess Qian Qian gripped Yue Yang's arms tightly while she embraced Yue Yu. She was extremely nervous. In fact, not only her, Yue Yang was extremely nervous too. He knew that Xiao Wen Li shook her head because she was really out of ideas, but he still hoped that there would be a miracle.

Xiao Wen Li was bewildered as Yue Bing embraced her and cried loudly.

She looked at Yue Yang. Suddenly, she made a hand gesture to Yue Yang.

Yue Yang was startled.

Could it be that Xiao Wen Li wanted to speak to him alone? As Yue Yang was struck by a thought, he took her in his arms. He asked her, pleasantly surprised, "Do you have a solution?"

Xiao Wen Li grabbed Yue Yang's hand and bit his hand softly until the blood was coming out from his finger.

She blew the wound on Yue Yang's finger with her small little mouth as she felt sorry for Yue Yang. She then pulled his finger towards the dead lady's forehead and used the blood to draw a Rune on it.

When they saw her making her moves, everyone held their breath as they were afraid that they would disturb her.

Yue Yang felt that the Rune was a little familiar. It seemed like he had seen it somewhere else. However, Xiao Wen Li had already drawn a Contract Runic Circle on the dead lady's forehead before Yue Yang could recall where he saw it before. Princess Qian Qian shook her head soundlessly. Although a human could form a contract with any beasts, it was impossible for a human to form a contract with another human. This Ancient Law could never be changed. A warrior could form a contract with a Humanoid Beast, but absolutely not with a human. It was impossible to form a contract with a weak human no matter how strong the warrior was.

Princess Qian Qian couldn't understand the Xiao Wen Li's actions but she knew that no contract could be made between humans.

Xiao Wen Li drew the runes all the way down from the dead lady's cheek, neck, shoulder and chest with blood as she held Yue Yang's finger.

Lastly, a giant Runic Circle was drawn on the position of the dead lady's heart again with Yue Yang's blood. As she finished drawing, she held Yue Yang's finger and kissed it. She felt sorry for Yue Yang. Her big and adorable eyes were filled with tears and was about to cry.

Actually Yue Yang didn't mind to lose some blood as long as there was hope. He wouldn't even mind it even if he had to pay a high price to save the tavern girl.

"I'm alright. Good girl, don't cry." Yue Yang comforted Xiao Wen Li by holding her in his arms softly and kissing her little cheek.

"Ung." Xiao Wen Li then did a hand gesture, trying to say that she needed some fire. It seemed like she wanted to burn the dead body of the lady.

"We'll go and get some alcohol and oil. We will be back in a short while." Ye Kong and the Li Clan Brothers immediately turned and dashed out. However, when they brought the alcohol and oil back, Xiao Wen Li shook her hands. She then pulled Yue Yang's hand and shook it.