I Love You 2

Back by popular demand...I had a couple of requests for another chapter, so here it goes....
C.J xxx

Warm. Safe. Completely at ease. Just some of the feelings that washed over Connie as the fog of sleep cleared. She laid still as her senses came into focus. Smell was the first, the fresh fragrance of crisp cotton sheets, a light mixture of perfume and aftershave that lingered from the day before. And in the background, a masculine scent that was uniquely Jacob.
Touch came next, the feel of warm firm muscles under her palm, a gentle pad of a finger stroking her hairline sweeping her fringe from her forehead, a soft fine breath caressing her cheek. Peace, for the first time it felt tangible.
The sound of birds happily tweeting outside were a pleasure to listen to, bringing a slow smile to her face. A content sigh escaped her barely parted lips.
Taste, of a kiss, feather light and fleeting. The next that followed, less so. It was seeking, looking for a reply which Connie eagerly gave. It was a taste of a man that had knocked she for six, of a man who had no real idea how much his presence had changed her outlook completely. It was a taste she could enjoy for the rest of her life.
Slowly opening her eyes, finding the room bright, the dark menacing clouds from the day before that loomed in the sky and over her head had cleared. Sparkling sunshine was what remained, pouring in through the open blinds at the window. Turning her head slightly, the reason for her blissful awakening came into view.
"Morning sweet cheeks." Came the smooth greeting.
"Morning muscles..." Was Connie's sleepy reply. "...what time is it?" Said asked trying to stifle a yawn.
"A little after eight." Answered Jacob as he continued to lovingly touch her hair.
"We should make a move..." suggested Connie making no effort to do so. "...I have to be back at work by dinner."
"That is a shame...I was hoping we would get a chance to go shopping." Said Jacob.
"Shopping?" Questioned Connie with a frown.
"To get you a ring..." said Jacob. "...you haven't forgotten last night have you?"
"No I haven't..." Denied Connie with a shy smile, her cheeks flushing slightly as she recalled the events. "...but there's really no rush...it's not like I could wear a ring at the moment anyway..." She could see the disappointment in his eyes. "...I do want to marry you Jacob...don't think that I've changed my mind...I want this so much...everything I said last night I stand by...there's no going back...I don't want to..." She told him as she cuddled in closer. "...I love you."
Jacob held her close, tucking her under his chin, breathing in the smell of her shampoo. "I love you...with all my heart..." Jacob assured her, running a soothing up and down her bare back. "...we go at your pace...I follow your lead...we'll take our time and make sure we get this right, make sure Grace accepts us..." Jacob tightened his grip, pressing her to his chest. "...but I just want to make one thing clear...I'd marry you tomorrow if I could!"
"Thank you...for being so understanding...I can't lose Grace again..." Connie pulled back to look up at him. "...I can't lose you either...so no more silly stunts like you pulled yesterday!"
Leaning down Jacob kissed her gently. "You know I can't promise that."
"I know..." said Connie with a sigh. "...it's not in your nature to stand by watching when you can help..." Connie gave him a cheeky grin. "...just understand...I will kill you if you come back hurt!" She threatened making Jacob chuckle.
"How about we work on the other part of your plan..." Jacob murmured with a suggestive tone, placing tinny kisses on the side of her jaw. His hand roamed the curves of her body.
"How could I refuse when your quite obviously so eager." Purred Connie feeling his arousal.

Connie had completed half of her shift when Jacob sauntered in, she watched as he cheerfully interacted with his friends and colleagues, as they teased him about the Cheshire cat smile he wore. They asked who the lucky woman was but never getting any real answers out of him.
There was a brightness in his eyes and she felt proud that it was because of her, because she had opened up, spoke the truth about her feelings and accepted his love for her.
Making eye contact across the room, they communicated silently, a hidden dialog that only they could hear.
"Is there something I need to know?" Questioned Charlie, startling her from her trance.
Connie shifted her attention to the patient files in front of her. "No..." she blushed and sighed as she realised Charlie wouldn't be falling for her terrible lie. "...we talked and sorted a few things out." She murmured not wanting anyone else to hear.
"That's great news...you deserve to be happy Connie." Charlie gave her a friendly smile. "So your back together?"
Connie looked around, checking nobody was in earshot. "Yes...we're getting..." she wondered if Charlie should be the first to know. "Yes we are but...Grace can't find out...I'm afraid we have the challenge of winning her round..." Connie checked their surroundings again. "...he proposed last night." She whispered with a shy smile.
"Wow...congratulations." Charlie's eyes bulging with shock. "...I didn't realize you were at that stage..."
"Neither did I..." said Connie honestly. "But when he asked...I couldn't say no...I didn't want to." She confessed.
Putting his hand on her shoulder he gave Connie a nod. "...I'm glad you've found someone...I'm glad your happy...I think it's great news...your secrets safe with me...although I must say...you two keep looking at each other like that and it won't be a secret for long...it won't take a genius to work it out." Warned Charlie. "Maybe don't leave it to long to talk to Grace...lying never works Connie."
"I know...I'll try and talk to her tomorrow when she gets back from her grandmothers." Connie picked up the folders and moved to walk away when something occurred to her. "How did you know I'd said yes?" She asked with a smirk recalling he hadn't asked what her answer had been before congratulating her.
"Because you'd be mad to say no." Chuckled Charlie leaving the clinical lead gobsmacked and at a loss.
Work had become a joy again, walking between patients they were able to share a few words and subtly flirt. The fleeting moments, playful and light hearted.
Things were back to the way they were before, they chose to work together and why wouldn't they. They made a great and natural team.

Jacob had joined Connie that night at hers. Enjoying being in each other's company they'd prepared a meal together, talked and theorized how to broach the subject of them with Grace. Discussed the future, what it would be like to live together, the plan to renovate the garage for Jacob's gym and teased each other as they cleaned up their dinner plates. Now they cuddled together on the sofa watching one of Jacob's 'classic' films that she had never seen. Not that it held her attention, Connie's mind began to wonder. Thoughts of doing this on a daily basis, this normal domestic bliss. To come home from work after a stressful shift and be greeted by this man. This man that could change her mood in seconds with just a simple smile.
An image flashed in her mind, of herself arriving home to find Jacob in the kitchen murmuring, miles away as he stirred a pan bubbling on the cooker, Grace sat at the table doing her homework. Realising she was there he would turn round. In his arms would be a beautiful little boy listening intently to his father's soft words, a spitting image of Jacob.
"You ok sweet cheeks..." asked Jacob pulling Connie back to the present.
Connie smiled up at him. "I'm fine." She assured him.
"You looked miles away." He explained to her before leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead.
"Just thinking...day dreaming really..." Connie sat up, taking hold of Jacob's hand she stood up urging him to follow. "...let's go to bed...your going to have to leave early in the morning before Grace get back."

Euphoric. Is the only word that came close to how she felt right now. She was resting on his bare chest, the delicate tips of her fingers tracing random patterns on his abdomen. She could stay like this forever, laying naked coming down from her high.
"Will you tell me what you was thinking earlier." Asked Jacob when his breathing returned to normal.
"It was silly..." Connie whispered.
"Whatever it is I'm certain it's not silly." Jacob encouraged.
"I was just thinking...what it would be like..." Connie paused feeling a little unsure of herself. "...I imagined what we would be like...when we can be together properly."
Jacob smiled looking up at the ceiling. "I've imagined the same thing...maybe we should compare notes...make sure we're on the same page." Suggested Jacob playfully.
"You go first." Insisted Connie.
"Ookay...Erm...I imagined us on holiday...booked into a hotel under Mr and Mrs Masters...somewhere sunny with a pool..." Jacob thought for a moment.
"Go on." Urged Connie.
"We'd be laughing and joking around with Grace and..." he couldn't decide whether to say the next bit.
"Jacob?" Asked Connie wondering why he'd stopped.
"Sometimes I would imagine a little girl with us...other times a little boy and the four of us would play together in the water." Finished Jacob trying to gage Connie's reaction.
He was stunned when Connie didn't even flinch instead she told him of her own visions of the future. "I imagined just a normal day...coming home from work to you and Grace...doing normal family things... going for walks, helping with homework...I imagine a little boy, a mini version of you with a cute smile and a cheeky sense of humour." She told him.
Happiness swelled inside Jacob. "And who would look after all these kids we've imagined?" He teased.
"I can assure you it'll be one and no more and we'll do it together..." Laughed Connie. "...there's no way I'm going to be spending all my time popping out kids...you haven't changed me that much...I still love my work."
"You've just dashed all my dreams..." Jacob attempted to keep a straight face. "...the plan was to marry you and have you bare foot and pregnant for the foreseeable future...OUCH!" Exclaimed Jacob as Connie struck his arm.
"Not funny Staff Nurse Masters!" She told him even as she struggled to keep the smirk from her face.
"Night sweet cheeks."
"Night muscles."
Resting peacefully they both drifted off to sleep. Dreaming of the day when they could wake in each other's arms and not have to worry about being caught. To wake on their days off and slumber together. To leisurely go about their morning routine, making breakfast, eating at the kitchen table with banter passing between the three, maybe four of them. Discussing the plan's for the day, maybe a trip to the beach or the fair.
They each had wonderful dreams that night.

The End? I have know idea :)