Chapter 1 : A New Beginning

(Ryuuji's POV)

'Well... I guess Taiga isn't going to our school anymore...' I thought to myself.

I dragged my miserable body out of bed. I kept thinking about Taiga, and how she could leave me at any second. I shook my head to snap myself out of it. I sighed. I made some rice balls for lunch and stuffed them in my lunchbox.

"And another for Tai-" I started.

That's right, she isn't here anymore...

I stared at the clock and saw that.... I WAS LATE! I chewed on a piece of bread while running to school. 

I ran through the streets like a maniac yelling 'COMING THROUGH!'. I ran past several red lights and almost got myself killed for the sake of missing school. I breathed a sign of relief when I arrived at school with 2 minutes left.

I went in my classroom, as usual. I sat in my seat and stared to my right. There was an empty seat...

'That's where Taiga sat...' I thought.

The bell rang and Ms. Yuri came in the room. She seemed kind of gloomy when she sat at her desk. She sighed.

"Class, you have a free period. I have some work to do...." she whispered.

As soon as the class got the message, the class reeked havoc on the classroom. Even our class rep, Yusaku didn't stop us. Most of the class took out their phones snapping selfies of themselves with their friends. I smiled to see the happy aura that my classmates were letting out. I glanced at the empty desk. My smile slowly turned into a frown.

When I was about to talk with Yusaku, Minori jumped in my face.

"Helloo soldier! How is your day going so far!?" Minori exclaimed.

"Just great..." I said.

Minori realized my frown and she got a bit anxious. She gulped and took a few steps back.

"Oh, about that... I'm so-" Minori started.

"OH OH OH! I mean, have a good day! And as usual, stay happy!" Minori walked away, in a weird stance.

I knew what she meant. Taiga was gone. I wasn't going to see her for a while now.

The bell rang and we all hustled out. During lunch, I sat alone and ate my rice balls quietly.

Fortunately, the day was a breeze and no one bothered me. I packed my things, closed my locker, and hustled out.

I walked home with my head down and made dinner for Yasuko, my mother, and for myself. You see, my mother is a bar entertainer, and my father, left her when I was born. Now I have his stupid genes... I looked out the window and saw something mushy.... MOLD!!

I ran to get my gloves, toothbrush, soap, water, and a mask. I rubbed the toothbrush in soap and water. I scrubbed as hard as I could onto the window side. The harder I scrubbed, the more the mold would disappear. When I scrubbed for about 3 minutes, it was gone.

"Come back for another round, unless you're too chicken!" I exclaimed.

I polished off my dinner and saved some for Yasuko. I took a bath and brushed my teeth.

I dragged my tired body onto my bed and closed my eyes....

"Lights out..." I moaned.

------------------------- END -------------------------

Author : Hey guys! This is my first chapter. Hope ya'll enjoyed! If you did, leave a like. If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments bar! Thanks for reading!

 If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments bar! Thanks for reading!

^^^ Anime Me ^^^