chapter 7

Chapter 7

Leo woke up before dawn to the fell of a soft body under his arm. He knew that it was silence but he did not move to change his position he liked it actually. He had not slept so peacefully in ages. He had not realized how tired and weary he was about everything until he spoke to silence.

He woke her up when the sun was rising over the treetops. Their breakfast consisted of a rabbit, which Leo hunted. She ate the meat while he dank the blood. They broke camp then walked silently on the snow-covered road.

He didn't realize she had fallen behind until he felt something cold on his back. H turned around claws unsheathed and fangs extended. He expected to find an enemy or something. Certainly not, silence with a snowball in her hand grinning at him. He grinned back and made a snowball. "I will get you back for this," he said.

She widened her eyes and turned to run. Too late. The ball went sailing in the air and landed square on her face. She squealed and ran and he chased after. They continued their snowball fight until Leo stopped and said suddenly "do you hear that?" She stopped too and cocked her head to the side "yes I do. Is that fighting?" "yes" he said "come".

They ran to a small clearing were they could see people fighting. As they got closer, Leo could see that they were vampires and hat was more he knew some of them they were his royal guards.