chapter 10

Chapter 10

Silence was getting ready for bed after the long day she had had. She was in her nightgown and getting into bed when she heard the knock at the door. She knew that it was Leo. He was the only one she knew that would visit someone at this hour.

"Come in" she called out to him. While she was settled on the nearest chair. He did and quietly closed the door behind him. He stood there for a while just breathing and looking at her. Then he pushed himself off the door, knelt before her on the carpeted floor, and held her hands tightly in his. 

"My name is Leonard phantomhive of the phantomhive royal family. I became the king of vampires when my father died 9 years ago." He said. "The king of vampires" she whispered under her breath. Then she took a deep breath and asked "and who is Richard?" 

He growled and said, "He was the former duke of chance the person whose powers were only second to the king. However, that power went to his head and he tried to assassin me. It did not go well for him. I had him arrested and chained in the dungeon until I saw fit to do with him."

"But he escaped" she said. "Yes he escaped and took one of my closest friends and advisers William. I know were Richard took him and I plan to go there to rescue him. Theo tells me that a rescue party was sent after him but I have to be there myself" he squeezed her hands.

 "So you are telling me our trip has to be delayed" he nodded. "I understand," she said. He smiled brightly until she said "but I am coming with you and you can't stop me. I am more help than nuisance, I will not bother you at all, and you are not leaving me here to go fight some evil power hungry vampire. I am coming with you" 

He thought about that then said "fine but you will obey every word I say to the letter and you will not put yourself in danger at all" a smile was her only answer. "Also one more thing. My mother is worried about me so I am going to pay her a visit. I will not take long I will be back before dawn at most"

"All right" she said. He went over to the balcony. He took of his shirt and black wings came out of his back. He gave them a few pushes before he turned around and said, "lock the bedroom door and do not open it to anyone unless it is Theo and be safe." with that, he took off into the black night.

Silence stood looking at the place he had been for a while before she did as he said and sat in the chair waiting for him.