chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next morning they had breakfast and then left the village, they continued walking only stopping for a light lunch and to rest their feet.

They camped out for the night in the forest. They were sitting beside the fire warming their hands for it was winter when Leo said, "Tell me more about yourself"

"Me?" silence said then she shrugged "I do not have mush to tell. You already know what I do for a living. my mother is dead and I am 25 years old. What about you I don not know anything about you except your name and that you are a vampire. You tell me more about yourself".

Leo thought about what to say for a while. He did not to tell her that he was the king nor give too much of himself away. After all, they were strangers and will soon part ways when they reach the city.

However, she was looking at him and she did save his life so he settled on "my father is dead but I still have my mother. What I do for a living is complicated and I am single and 29 years of age" "single? I thought vampires found their beloved when they were 18 " she said

"Yes I suppose that is the case for most vampires but I am somewhat...special" he said. "You know...I thought I found her not long ago" his eyes looked so sad when he said those words.

Silence touched his hands lightly with her own he continued "she was beautiful so beautiful but she was not mine. She was a werewolf's mate. But that did not stop me from chasing after her in fact it made me more determined to get her. So determined that it made me blind and reckless and I ended up doing something stupid"