Chapter 2

When i open my eyes to turn off my alarm that wakes me up every morning for school, realization hits me from what happen yesterday. Jess kissed me, he kissed me. Maybe he won't metion it and we can just let this slide past us, the last thing i want is for our friendship to change. As i roll out of bed and start to walk to the bathroom, i swear i hear my mom talking to me, her words very faint considering i am upstairs but i can hear her words as clear as day.

"What am i suppose to do? I guess ill just have to let her figure it out" my mother says with infliction in her voice. I don't know what she is talking about, although i am not so sure i want to find out. I rush into the bathroom and take my morning shower as usual letting the boiling water soak my hair and run down my back, trailing my spine. As the steam rolls off my body hopefully taking my jumbled thoughts along with it. 

I grab my normal attire, jeans and a large comfy sweater. And head down stairs, greeted by my mother standing in the kitchen with a stern look on her face, and i know she has something to say to me. I then take a seat at the breakfast bar and start to eat my breakfast, pancakes with maple syrup. She opens her mouth and then closes it, i can see whatever she needs to tell me is important so i suppose i should help bring it up.

"What am i suppose to figure out?" i ask and her eyes go wide as she looks at me intently.

"You were listening weren't you?" she asks with concern, i nod my head apologetically.

"Yeah sorry i heard you talking, so there is something you wanted to tell me?" i feel like we are getting no where in this conversation.

"Honey, uh... i..i wasn't talking" she says and looks down, i guess she didn't want to see the reaction on my face. My mouth falls open, and i think i might be losing my mind. I'm not sure what to think.

"What do you mean you weren't talking?" i ask and she looks up at me with a worried look on her face.

"Uh... well.. i was thinking that" she says, half mumbling. 

"What?! This doesn't make any sense mother" i spit out, as i place my hand to my forehead, to make sure i don't have a fever or maybe i am just hallucinating.

"Well i didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but you're different" she says with a straight face and i don't know exactly what she means by this. 

"It had to do something with you're father" she says calmly, knowing thats a touchy subject for me i haven't heard her talk about my father it years, he left us and i will never forgive him for that. When she notices my silence she continues to speak.

"He was special, that's all i am going to tell you for right now" She walks away from me and into the living room.

"Wait!" i say and grab her arm "What do you mean by you were thinking it, you mean i was listening to your thoughts?" i ask and it sounds strange as the words fall out of my mouth. This is the strangest conversation i have ever had with my mother.

"Yes, you could hear my thoughts" she says not turning around to look at me and walks into the other room, leaving me in a silence with my thoughts alone to finish my breakfast. 

When i am on my way to school, thats when i realize that what she said made sense. When that guy said, well thought that i was sexy in blue, that was just me reading his thoughts. And the incident with Jess where i could hear him in his mind say he wanted to kiss me, it makes complete sense. But at the same time this kind of freaks me out. I thought these kinds of things didn't happen, the super natural stuff has only been in movies. But then again i do wonder what people think, this might be useful although i am not at all sure how this whole "reading peoples mind thing" works.