Chapter 1

Chapter one:

My eyes are heavy, the light streaming in from my window blinds my eyes. I'll do anything to ignore the fact that I have to get up. I roll over, pressing my face deeper into my feather pillow wishing that it wasn't already morning. I continue to roll to the end of my bed and descend my feet to the cold hard wood floors that lay room upon room of my house. The cold floor sending chills from my toes to the rest of my body within seconds I'm up and have my slippers on. I head to the bathroom to fix my bed head and get ready for the day.

"Urg" I groan as I look at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes red from lack of sleep, I really shouldn't have stayed up all night talking to Jess. Realization hits me that I have a trig test today, clearly I forgot to study for. Just like any other day I hop into the shower and try to wash off some of my stress. My bathroom fills with steam and before I know it I know I have taken too much time and I need to hurry so I'm not late. As soon as I step out of the shower I hear my mother yell from downstairs

"Clari breakfast is ready!" I step out into the hallway and respond "okay be down in a minute." 

I walk over to my dresser and put on my favorite bra, a light blue cream color that fits me perfectly. I don't mind my size I am only a B-36 but it's not like they get me any attention, I slide on my matching panties and head over to my closet. Rows of jeans and t shirts line the walls of my closet, I am not a fan of skirts and dresses even though I do feel confident in them. I grab my dark wash distressed jeans and a simple light blue v-neck t shirt along with a cream colored cardigan. I slide on my jeans and pull my soft Cotten shirt over my head, I throw on my cardigan and let my long damp hair air dry. I slide on my white toms and head out of my room, as I make my way downstairs I can smell hash browns and bacon. I find my mom sitting at the breakfast bar reading the newspaper, I sit beside her my plate already made and glass of orange juice to my right.

"How did you sleep Hun?" She asks still keeping her eyes glued to the newspaper, focused on a good article I guess.

"Really well, I just hate getting up so early" I yawn and start to dig into my golden hash browns.

"Do you want me to take you to school this morning?" she asks and looks up at me for a response.

"Nah it's alright I enjoy walking" I smile and she nods her head in response. I finish my breakfast in silence then head back upstairs to brush my teeth and grab my bag.

Before i head out I walk over to my mother and plant a kiss on her forehead "see you this afternoon" she says.I smile and open the door to the fresh autumn air. A little chilly but I am used to it, living in Oregon my whole life I am used to cold weather in October. I turn right on to the sidewalk that leads me to my school, somedays I wish I could walk and never stop. I don't care for school at all even though I have a perfect 4.0 it still is a chore to have to put up with arrogant people I supposedly call my "friends". Except Jess I mean I have known him since I can remember, he has always been there for me.

As I move my legs faster the soft yet cold breeze brushes along my cheek and glides past my long wavy hair, that has now managed to dry. As I walk past all of the buildings and past the rows and rows of oak trees that seem to be losing their red leaves. I begin to wonder if there is more to life then just being average, will it ever change is there ever something more than just being me. Boring sixteen year old Clarissa Ann Laurent. I guess not, but in the mean time I should just be happy because I have a good life with my mother and I couldn't ask for more.

When I finally reach school I am glad when I see Jess sitting on the steps just outside the entrance of East Cove High. He isn't wearing much but some denim jeans and a white sweater, his ash brown hair falls over his forehead hiding his eyes from view.