Chapter 9

"It's them" Jace says to me in my head and i look at him, his face wears the same expression as mine. Worried. I try to focus my the energy to the sound, maybe if i tried hard enough i would be able to hear them. I close my eyes and i can hear voices as if i am standing right in front of them.

"Where the hell are they! There truck is here!" One man says his voice loud and full of anger.

"Sir, I am sure they can't be far. We will catch them, we can just follow them back." Another man says.

"Well when we do find them, i want them dead. I want to make them suffer, they shouldn't even live on this planet. They don't deserve to live here with us humans! They will go down, if it's the last thing i do" The man yells and i jerk back. Jace looks at me, he doesn't know i was listening. 

"We have got to go, they are planning on following us home." I say to him in his head, he looks at me and nods. I need to get us out of here, I take Jace's hand and i close my eyes. I will all my other thoughts away and picture us in my kitchen, surrounded my pots and pans, cabinets and counter tops. I open my eyes and Jace and I are both crouched in the kitchen like we were a moment ago. Jace looks over at me and smiles. I stand up and try to think of what just happen, my mother stands in the kitchen staring at us with a plate in her hand along with a rag. She doen'st seemed shocked, just a little confused.

"We saw them" Is all i manage to get out, still processing what i heard. 

"Listen, they don't know what you guys look like.. yet. They only know your names and now they know where to look for you. Don't ever use that truck again, i'll buy you a new one Jace" She says and we both nod.

"They don't know where we live and it's best to lay low, we can sense them when they are near there is like a fifth sense" she gestures her head to her head. "And our instinct is to run, always run. But if they do see you, you kill them. You can't risk them telling others. I know this might sound crazy, but I want you two watching eachother at all times. You guys have got to look out for eachother, I have a few friends at school who watch out for you guys but when at home. You two don't leave eachothers sides, you'll be amazed how strong you two are together." We nod our heads again trying to absorb all the words that she is throwing at us. 

"What do you mean together at all times, like you want me to spend the night everynight" Jace says sarcastically and smiles. 

"Exactly that" My mother says and Jace goes serious but i can tell he is happy yet relieved. And so am I, my mother encouraging a guy to stay the night with me. Not once but multiple times.

"And you can stay over at his place or anywhere, I just need you two together. Something about your strength as one, makes you incredibly strong. I wouldn't be able to explain it to you" My mother says and picks up another dish and continues to dry them.

"Now lets eat, I made BLT's" my mother motions to the dining room table. Jess and i walk over and take a seat, my mother joins us and we continue to discuss more about Meirfield as we eat. The more we talk about it the more i begin to realize that my life is no longer my own, i am protecting something more then just my life, more than Jace's life. We both our protecting our kind, and i won't allow anything to get in my way of maintaining our exsistence.

The next morning i wake up to Jace sleeping beside me in the clothes he wore yesterday. We really need to stop by his house and get him some clothes. Or i can just stay there for a night, i haven't even been in his room. Or met his family, considering he only lives with his grandparents. He never talks about the loss of his mother or father. I understand because now i share that memory with him of his mother dieing right in front of his very own eyes. I will away the image of his mother with a knife to her neck and decide on taking in Jace's perfection. I run my fingers along his jawline, very slowly yet gently. My fingers barely touching his skin, just gracefully dancing over the surface of his light complextion. He opens his eyes and looks up at me and smiles, he looks good even after hours of sleeping. His hair messy yet very sexy, his eyes bright as a perfect blue sky.