Chapter 7

Jace looks over at me when he heard what I thought.

"It should be alright, I'll try my best not to tick him off but he is in love with you and you are mine. I'm not letting him lay a hand on you" Jace says and looks at me with a serious face.

"Okay, try to be on your best behavior I don't want to have to be the one to break up a fight. Okay?" I say looking straight at Jace and he nods and gets out of the truck and walks over to my door and opens it for me.

"Could you like will away your warm shield? I don't want people to be suspicious, besides there is a fire and I'll be by your side to keep your warm" he whispers in my ear. And I try my best to focus on the cold air hitting my face and my toes going numb and my hands tingling from the chilled weather. And it's gone.

"Alright all done" and I can tell Jace noticed because he no longer feels the warmth radiating off of me. He then leans into me and plants a kiss on my lips. When I turn away I notice Jess was looking and I know I shouldn't feel bad for him. But for some reason I do, we walk over to the fire and the closer we get I decide to give in to my curiosity and read Jess's thoughts. "Why the fuck is she with him here, I though I was going to be able to see her alone. She looks so sexy in anything she wears I wonder what it would be like to see her with nothing on.". At that moment Jace grabs my hand tight and I can see his jaw tensing and the muscles in his arms contracting. I calm him by kissing him in front of Jess, even though I know that hurt him I didn't know what else to do. I would rather show him that were together then have to talk to him about it. When Jace and I finally take a seat together on the log by the fire, Jess sits to my right on then other log.

"Hey Clari" Jess says with infliction in his tone of voice.

"Hey" I reply nicely not knowing what else to say to him. He just wondered what I would look like with no clothes on. I will only let that happen with Jace.

"Oh so you'll let me see you with no clothes on?" He asks in my head. I decide to read into his thoughts. " I bet you look just as amazing as you feel, I want to kiss every inch of you. To pull your pants down with just my teeth, run my tongue along your silky soft skin..." He keeps going on but I decide to stop or I might just Teleport us to my room now.

"Maybe" I reply in his mind. Jess looks at us then looks away and we sit there in silence for a little while. The fire flames up and the bright orange heat burns my eyes and I can tell both Jess and Jace are staring at me intently and I don't know if I should move. Jess breaks the silence and says.

"So you two are together" he doesn't move his eyes away from me and I can't look at him.

"Yes we are, Clari is my beautiful girlfriend" Jace says and he interlocks our fingers and kisses me on the forehead I guess to tell Jess I'm his and to keep his grimy hands off me. Jess just smiles and looks back at the fire, he looks hurt but he should know that I would never have feelings for him. When I look back up at Jace he smiles I guess because he is now satisfied now that he has heard my thoughts.

"You want to go walk on the beach?" He asks and whispers in my ear.

"Yeah I would like that" I reply and look up into his eyes, the flames in his eyes. I can't tell if his eyes are glowing because of me or the fire but they are beautiful either way. As we get up Jess also stands up.

"Hey, where you guys going?" He asks

"Just for a walk on the beach" Jace replies.

"Can I join you guys?" He asks and I can tell Jace isn't fond of the idea but he isn't rude so he nods his head. We walk along the beach in silence and decide to listen to Jace's thoughts. "Why the hell does he want to walk with us? He is just going to make this harder on himself, Clari can't expose him to her powers and she doesn't have feelings for him. He has to move on, they can stay friends but it shouldn't be any more then that." I agree with everything that he is thinking. And then I listen to Jess " what should I say, I am trying to be nice but this guy seems like an ass. I should be the one with Clari, I want to kiss her I want to touch every part of her body to kiss every inch of her bear skin. To make her feel my love for her, I want to make love to her, sweet sweet love." Oh my god what the hell was that. Next thing I know Jace is pulling his hand away from mine and takes both his hands and his wrists form together at his chest and he shoves his hands toward Jess and at that moment a whoosh of air comes between them and Jess goes flying across the sand and he just lays there. I know Jace was angry and Jess shouldn't be thinking about me like that but what the hell did Jace just do? I run over to Jess to check his pulse he is still okay just knocked out from the blow. I then turn to Jace, I'm not mad at him just shocked .