Frozen Hearts Ch.12

:With little enthusiasm: I don't own Naruto, just my OC.

Akuma's POV

I walked beside the others in my black clothing. A few tears slid past my defense, falling from my face. We all lined up in order, Rin's head lay low. Soon it was my turn. I placed the red rose on his casket, sparing a few words. Then I went back in line.

After the funeral, we all went back to our houses. I followed Kakashi~sensei quietly, my head hung low. I sighed over and over again, watching the old man talk in my memories. We soon got to the house, I slumped into my room.

"I know what I must do." I said aloud. I packed all my things together, setting them in the corner of the room. I folded the blanket neatly on the bed, watching the sun go down.

I finally had finished making the note, slipping it under Kakashi~sensei's door. I looked at the place were I used to call home, were I cherished precious memories. A silent tear fell down my face as I gathered all my belongings, placing it on my back. I placed my sword under my bag, placing Zabuza's and Haku's headbands in my bag. I walked out the house, taking one last glance.

I walked around the village, whispering goodbyes to all my friends. Rin gave a sad little bark before nudging my leg, signaling to go. I nodded, leaping over the wall. I looked at the village, the one I called home. I squatted down, looking up at the moon. For the first time in a while, I howled. I gave out a long, sad howl. Soon other howls echoed mine, filling the night with noise. I looked again before hopping over the edge, heading to Suna.

3 days later

I silently and swiftly entered the village, hiding in the shadows. I sniffed the cool air, sharply turning right. Soon I made my way to a moderate house, three scents lingered there. I climbed to the roof, making no sound. I found the window that I wanted and I hung upside down, peeking through it. To my surprise I saw Gaara turned from the window, facing the wall. I carefully climbed through the window, hopping onto the bed. He jumped in surprise but soon calmed down.

"Hey Gaara!" I cheered.

"Hello Akuma, what are you doing here?"

"I've come to say goodbye. I've noticed that I haven't been able to save the ones I love, so I need to make myself stronger." I said with pride. He nodded.

"Well, I hope you have a safe journey, Akuma Ketsueki." He said. I nodded.

"Thank you, Gaara of the desert." I thanked him back. We gave each other a hug, me giving him a quick peck on the cheek. As we pulled apart, I could see him turn a little pink. I turned to leave, but he stopped me.

"I would like to give you something before you go, Akuma." Gaara said, pulling her back. I turned back around to be a few inches from his face. Slowly, he leaned in, filling the gap between our faces. His lips softly pressed against mine, tasting like sweet honey on a warm summer day. I slowly kissed him back, feeling like the world had stopped.

After a few moments, we split, looking the other way.

"That was-" he thought.

"Interesting." I finished his sentence. He gave out a soft chuckle. I gave him one more kiss before perching onto the window.

"Tell Kankurō and Temari that I'll be fine, just that I love them." I added at the end "and I love you." I gave him a smile before hopping out the window, running out the village, into my new life.

Tears! This is the last chapter in the FIRST book. Yep, first. I'm currently writing the second book. If you want me to publish the second book then show some support or feedback and I will ttyl! BBBYYYEEE!!
-Kittykat