The Very Scary Vacation

“Hey mom!?” I yelled running down the stairs.

“Yes, Sweetheart?” She replied meeting me at the bottom of the stairs.

We were getting ready to go on vacation and I was trying my best to get mom to tell me where we were going. “Can you tell me where we are going this year?” I asked sweetly.

“Nice try.” My mother says sweetly while she pats my back. I stood there and smiled at her. “I will get you to tell me sooner or later.” I say sarcastically.

“I’m sure you will hunny.” she says back with a smile as she turns around and walks towards the kitchen.

“Go finish packing please!?” she hollers from the kitchen.

“Ok” I say back while going back upstairs to my bedroom. On the way to my bedroom I have to pass my brother’s room. As I walked past my brother’s room I see him playing video games. “Austin!” I yell over the noise coming from his TV.

“what!?” he said after jumping like a mile into the air.

“What are you doing!?” I said yelling back at him. He pauses the game and looks at me. “What does it look like I’m doing!?” he replies in a mean way.

“You are supposed to be packing! We have to leave early tomorrow!” I say back.

“Oh ya that’s right!” He said. He shut the door in my face and started packing his things.

We have the car all packed and ready to go. We are now on the road and I have my earbuds in my ears and listening to my favorite song. About 4 hours later we finally reach our destination. I slowly got out of the car and looked at the crappy log cabin.

After being there for 2 weeks now I wanted to go home. I missed sleeping in my own bed and I missed my friends. I was really wishing that this time would fly by. I was seeing weird and funny things and hearing awkward noises.

That night as I was getting ready for bed, I heard this strange noise coming from the kitchen. So I went downstairs to investigate. I grabbed the wooden bat that was sitting behind the front door. I went into the kitchen and turned on the light and standing there was; an ugly looking looking creature with no eyes and had a really round head and looked really nasty. “MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!?” I yelled as loud as I could. She comes running down the stairs. “What’s going on-” she looked at the ugly monster. Her eyes widened. “Quick run to the car!” she yells. So we left and never went back. That was a wonderful vacation.