Chapter 13 - Is that a Yes?

BPOV

I don't have the strength to push him away from me. I want to ask him, why in the hell did he kissed me?! I thought he found his "lucky girl" but why did he... *realization* then it hit me like a ton of bricks! Am I the girl he's in love with? But I know that absolutely impossible! While my heart said, It's possible! Damn! No Bella! You're just hallucinating and daydreaming! I broke the kiss and stared at him bewildered.

"I mean, I don't... I can't... this is... wrong." I can't find the right words to say so I decided to leave. Before I got any farther, he grabbed my hand and I stood there wanting to curse myself for falling in love with him.

"Bella, please talk to me." He said, pain and sadness in his voice.

I turned to look at him and said, "Why did you... kiss me?" 

"Bella, can't you see?! I'm in love with you." He said those last words softly and I felt like melting on the ground.

"How could... I don't see the point why you do." I said and he stayed silent.

"I thought were best friends? You're in love with somebody else." I said.

"Bella, the one I said I love... it was You." He said and I can't believe what's happening.

"Bella, this tree, it's a sign of my love for you. I brought you here because I can no longer hide my feelings for you." He explained.

I stared at him, my tears falling. I want to talk to him, hug him and above all, I want to tell him how much he means to me. I'm so confused! I thought that I'm already okay as his best friend but then, he said those words that made my thoughts change.

"Bella, please. I'm ready to accept anything, just please, talk to me." He pleaded.

Then I did the worst thing, I kept on slapping him while saying, "I hate you! I hate you! You made me fall in love with you more!" I stopped realizing that I slipped. 

"What did you say?" He asked, a hint of happiness in his voice.

"I.. uhm.. Nothing! I hate you because... I..." I trailed off. 

"So, you're in love with me too?" He said playfully.

"Of course not." I lied.

"Don't lie to me, I know you." He stared at me and I just bit my lip.

"I like you, uhm, maybe I love you already. The day I met you, I felt strange. When I'm with you, I can't help not to fall in love with you more. The way you make me smile and laugh, I felt like my heart's beating so fast. But, I know that, I'm just a friend and I don't expect that it will turn out like this." I said avoiding any eye contact with him.

"But Bella, you should've told me." He said.

"I tried to but, I don't think you would feel the same way about me. I'm afraid to... lose you." I looked at him straight in the eye.

"Oh Bella! You know, you can always share to me everything." He hugged me tightly.

"Edward... I can't... breathe." I said out of breath.

"Oopss.. Sorry." He said sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"So, what are we?" He grinned.

"What are we?" I repeated.

"I mean, are you saying yes to me?" He asked.

I tried to think, but of course! What else can I do? I love him and he loves me too. "You promise me one thing?"