Chapter 3 ~ The Nightmares

A person lead them and gave them a tour of Gryffindor. Mitali looked around in awe. It was amazing, with the moving staircases and talking paintings. Mitali waved at one of the paintings, revealing a little bit of the excitement packed inside her. Mitali hoped her excitement wouldn't explode. She wanted to be as unseen as possible right now.

After the tour, they were told where their dorms were. Mitali luckily got a dorm shared with Rose Granger-Weasley. Now they would become even closer than they already were. That would be a good thing. Mitali smiled for a second and then looked to see Rose with an even bigger smile.

"Well, let's go to our dorm, roommate!" Rose exclaimed. She was happy to have her new friend Mitali in her dorm.

Rose and Mitali went into their dorm and noticed a few other Gryffindors in it. Mitali recognized some from the table but choose not to interact. This time it wasn't only because she didn't want friends, but also because she was extremely tired.

Her eyes were weary, and as soon as Mitali saw the bed she wanted to be in it.  Mitali quickly got ready and jumped into the bed, closing her eyes. She fell asleep almost immediately.

Mitali's sleep got haunted by nightmares very soon though. Mitali started to sweat in her sleep from fear. The nightmares were short, but frightening. Voices echoed around in her head, warning her, scaring her, tormenting her. Mitali moved in her sleep, trying to wake herself up, but to no avail. The nightmares wanted her to see them.

"Anyone who comes in my way, dies. You have come in my way, you see. So you are going to die."

"He will be back- And I'm going to be the one to do it. All of you will die. Nobody can stop me, especially not you weak, petty witches and wizards."

"Goodbye."

Screams echoed. Shouts of despair, yells of pain... All that was seen in the dark room was a speck of silver.

Mitali's eyes shot open. She wiped off her sweat and got out of bed. She rubbed her eyes and looked over to see everyone else in her dorm sleeping.

"Didn't they have nightmares?" Mitali thought. She obviously couldn't go back to sleep so she decided to go out and roam the halls.

Mitali quietly went over to the door, opening it. She went out and carefully closed it to make sure nobody would wake up and tell on her.

Mitali took a deep breath and started to wander the hallways. She just hoped no teacher would notice her.

Mitali noticed all the paintings staring at her and talking after seeing her. The paintings wouldn't tell on her, right? Could paintings actually tell on people?

Suddenly, Mitali heard a sound come from down the hallway. Mitali darted her eyes around, looking for somewhere to hide. She hurried towards a door and started to shake the doorknob furiously.

"Locked. Why did it have to be locked?" Mitali mumbled under her breath. Mitali hadn't even brought her wand too, so she couldn't even open it.

The person in the distance kept coming closer and closer. Mitali came to a decision and started to run away.

"Wait!" The person cried. Mitali stopped. That voice was very familiar to her. Mitali turned around and gasped.

"Mina? What are you doing here?" Mitali exclaimed.

"I could ask the same question to you, Mitali," Mina retorted. Mitali sighed.

"I couldn't go to sleep," Mitali answered.

"Me too. I kept having nightmares," Mina said.

Mitali wondered whether to tell her that she too was having nightmares. Before she could fully decide, she blurted out, "I'm having nightmares too."

Mina's eyes widened a bit. She nodded and commented, "Well we're on the same page here. How about we stick together and walk about?" Mitali nodded. Wandering alone in the hallways made her feel alone and vulnerable to whoever in her dream wanted her and the other people dead.

As Mitali and Mina walked, they both described their nightmares. The two were shocked to find out they had the exact same nightmare.

After about a minute or so, when Mitali and Mina were passing an odd painting of pears, Fiona and Name bursted out of nowhere, bumping into them, which lead to all of them falling onto the floor. For some reason, Mitali had a feeling all of her new friends were having nightmares too- Which scared her the most. That means not only her, but all of her friends could die too.

This was what Mitali had feared all along. Making friends, getting close to them, and now she was going to lose them. Just like she had lost her father.

Mitali hesitantly asked, "Nightmares?" She hoped that they would shake their heads, but instead they nodded. Mina took a deep breath and sighed.

"This is bad," Fiona said. The rest nodded. "We need to figure this out," Mina added. The others agreed. Fiona, Name, Mina, and Mitali all walked through the hallways together.

Soon, Willow and Fermin also joined them with the same reason- Nightmares. They all had had the same type of nightmare.

"Who do you think that person is?" Willow questioned. Everyone shook their heads. They had no clue.

"I know who that person wants to bring back though," Fiona muttered in despair. The group turned to her. Mitali, Mina, and Willow gulped. They knew who Fiona was talking about. The Paix brothers seemed clueless, which made the rest curious. Did they not know who they were talking about? Every single wizard and witch knew about him!

Willow looked towards the others and looked to the Paix brothers. "The person's trying to bring back the Dark Lord," Willow whispered.

"Voldemort," Mitali continued. The Paix brothers showed no emotion for one second but then their eyes widened. Lightning struck at the mention of the Dark Lord's name. Thunder boomed.

Fiona narrowed her eyes at the twins. Why had they not been shocked? Something was very curious about those two. Fiona looked to the rest as if saying, "What is up with those two?" The group besides the twins looked back at Fiona as if to answer, "We need to find out."

The group decided that they should go back to their dorms after a minute because in one hour or so the rest would wake up. But before they went their separate ways, the group made a decision that whenever they would have nightmares, they all would meet up near the Hufflepuff dorms, as Fiona had said were near the pear painting.

After that, they all dispersed and headed to their dorms.

Instead of sleeping for the last 30 minutes, most sat on their bed, trying figure out the nightmare they had and the mystery about the Paix twins.