Chapter 12:Ruby Rest

Thomas' POV

I glanced over my shoulder and I managed to take a peep at a little cabin.Some guy was sitting outside of it.He looked like a cross between a chameleon, a horse and a tiger.It was very scary.

"Hey, you!"He says

"Are you talking to me?" I ask him

"Yes you, move away from here.District 7 soldiers here only" He finished

"Uhm...Move you said?How about I make you move and cut off yo-" I started

"Cut it out ,dumbass, before you get killed"Carson exclaimed

I paused for a second, she scared me so I didn't say a single word.I just walked off into the distance as a large elm tree caught my eye.

Carson's POV

Sometimes Thomas can be too quick to the gun if you know what I mean.He used to hate violence and now he is using it as a first resort.To be completely honest I've never heard of these district 7 fellows, it's a bit weird how they came out of nowhere.I've never heard of them before and all of a sudden they want to guard Ruby Chasm.Last time I was here they weren't here.Maybe this place is some sort of new management.But that hardly makes sense because the last mayor was one of those radiation scientists so he lived for centuries upon centuries, or at least that's what I was told.Some of these smart guys don't know how to be nice but they can run this place like it's nobody's business.They have leadership skills.I wonder where Thomas is.

Bravo's POV

Thomas has been gone for a while now, I wonder if he's ok.He can handle himself good enough for protection but he doesn't seem to be able to know much about locations.He would be a good leader one day, he just needs time.

Thomas' POV

A man was walking around in circles, he looked like a gardener, he was bugging me quite a lot.He saw a medium-sized radiated butterfly laying a couple eggs in seven of the water stock cans on his little patch now he seems to be looking at the cans with curiosity.

  The cans started to move and shake a little...

"It's time, I can't believe it's happening, Oh my, this one has got to be the big one."He exclaimed

He was running around like a madman shouting:"It's time, It's time!"

He spent a few minutes watching the cans now. The cans started to expand and started to burst a bit, water started to pour out on the dirty floor.A big head and stringy antennae started to come out rather quickly.The man was too happy he got his glasses and stared down that can.He saw the can expand, even more, I started to worry now because I knew that however big this thing was, we were in for a long day.

Carson's POV

I'm starting to worry now, where the hell is Thomas? Is he even safe? Maybe Bravo and I will find him soon enough.I worry for his safety sometimes.

Thomas's POV

The townspeople started to gather around us to witness what was going on here.Some were amazed and a few children were scared.The man confessed that he was discomforted and filled with fear. As I looked at the cans, I could see that nearly all the eggs were hatched and binding together. Some were drinking the radiated water.The future danger seemed ominous and I was wondering if he would figure out what was happening to these butterfly eggs, that were mutating. And then, I suddenly saw a girl to whom the radiated eggs meant absolutely nothing, the cans all exploded now and the flies separated and a blinding haze of flies flew over my head. She had tucked her feet beneath her as she sat on her seat and was reading a book. She was not afraid one bit. Her head was stuck in that book. The flies bound together and created a huge polychromatic monster just waiting to devour the man's home. Now I am in deep danger. It ended up dismantling the man's home and the rest of ruby chasm was destroyed by a district 7 butterfly test.

Imagine, it only took a few hours until ruby chasm was destroyed completely by the monster, the security was too weak. The defences couldn't handle it. But if Carson, Bravo, Albany and I still bring it up we only remember, that was 3 years ago...