Chapter 3:Nothing

Thomas POV

7 Years Later

These thoughts of a guy, wrapped in dark cloth, come into my head.It's bizarre.If only I could figure out what R meant.As a little child I could never have figured it out but now...I'm 26 years old.I should be able to figure this out.

I need to get out of this neighbourhood. These people. Some more odd faces start to creep into my life. It worries me from time to time.Or.Only if I just. If I hid from humanity I would be able to do my research...maybe try to know what this,"R" is.

Reaper's POV
Oh Thomas, if only you knew the things about me...you would never try to search for me.I am not one to be troubled with, Thomas.

Thomas' POV
Sooner or later these "things" will get out of here."RIGHT?".
I squinted through the shattered window and into the dust of the outside.I saw a truck light from down the road.This truck was a Scaver truck. This was not going to be good.

I knew for sure that the driver would be armed.I set down my paper and pen and ran for my trunk.I pulled out a
.10mm pistol out of the trunk and peered out of the window.The lights disappeared.

I walked around my house and was greeted by not one armed driver but 6.

"Drop your weapon," said the guy who looked like their leader
"No," I said
"It is my protection and I have rig-"I said
He shot the pistol out of my hand.
"Now...let's talk." said the leader

"We found some notes...we need em decrypted." said the leader
"You're coming with us." said the leader

37 minutes later...
I worked long and hard at this enciphered notes...it was a real pain.But the first—and the third—notes remained stubbornly undeciphered. Neither the letter nor any other ciphertext source produced a readable message out of the first.These notes had things about "R" or I think it was about him/her/it.Whoever wrote this had done an amazing job at encrypting their texts.

Or had they?
Even as the level of decrypting these notes was near impossible there was one thing...
Here is the letter:
Run Edmund
You need to escape this town
And promise
You will never come back
Edmund run towards the northern part of the rusty technology building
Good Luck!
On the back of the letter, the number 2 was written in black crayon.Similar handwriting to the one in the closet.The letter was a bit dusty so I rubbed it a bit and it revealed this:
2 words.
Every other time Edmund.
This is the first letter I've sent to you.
It became obvious to me.When I read the first line, every other line and the first letter it spelt something.
"R...E-"
"...Guys some mercs said they had a little present for us." said the Scaver leader
"Wait...what!?" the second man exclaimed
"I'm burning this paper.We need to get out of here" said the Scaver leader
He threw the letter into the fireplace.
I felt a painful feeling in my heart.It felt like a fire.Then...I felt woozy then I blacked out...

When I arose I searched around and I couldn't see a door, a window it was nothing.Nothing around me.Nothing near me.Nothing...