Chapter 8:Radiation Zone

Carson's POV
This new guy, Thomas, his name is I think.He seems to be a decent guy.Too bad he doesn't understand what I have to work hard for.I have to fight for food.He gets to cook it in the safety of his home.Well, he hopefully knows how to survive out here......

Thomas' POV
"Carson!Wake up." I shouted

"What? Thomas if you wanted to wake me up you could have shaken that bell over there." She said

"That's kinda rude don't you think?" I said

We walked outside.This was it.We had enough time to search around.Carson told me that we were headed to a new place.She called it a radiation zone.A place where the radiation was high and these creatures and scavers were even more dangerous. Apparently, they were known as Riflemen down there. To me scavers were scavers and that never changed one thing.Carson and I walked for miles and miles towards the radiation zone.We stepped, step by step, over the brambles. A couple twigs broke my shoes so Carson taught me how to make leaf shoes, they are surprisingly comfortable. We reached Turnisia,I used to come here when I was a boy.I used to love this place.It was great.

Reapers POV
Thomas.....may I introduce you to my friends.

A huge blast exploded above the remains of Turnisia. Carson and Thomas looked up in distraught.They were shaken by this terrifying view.

Thomas' POV

My leafy feet slap the dirty, disgusting ground, as I walk, through the remains of what I used to call Turnisia. Suddenly, a hand claps over my mouth, protecting me from inhaling the smoke and dust that burns my eyes. My eyes search quickly for a safe haven, I know that this vast area is not liveable. I move my neck trying to spot Carson, but a pain shoots up my neck and I'm forced to look away. Carson starts to run, taking me away from the choked shrieks of the radiation creatures. As Carson runs, I squeeze my eyes shut. As we move farther from the jungle, I notice a change in the atmosphere. Even though my eyes are closed, I can smell it. Gas. Radiated gas.This wasn't going to be good.