Chapter 15: The Chase, The Death and The Interrogation

Bravo's POV

I yawned as I woke up to see Albany just laying there on the floor next to me and I stood up and I looked around, Thomas was fast asleep and I looked around for something that I could possibly eat but it looked like somehow Carson and Al ate every single piece of Eagle meat we had. Looks like we aren't having much breakfast this morning.

"Al, wake up, we're going hunting, like now!"

"OK but don't rush me, I want to eat some food."

"We don't have any, that's why we are going hunting, duh!"

"Oh, OK, but are you sure Carson and Thomas will be OK with that?"

"Well, we are getting them breakfast aren't we?"

"OK, let's go then, Thomas will wake up soon and so will Carson."

"Let's go!"

Albany POV

Bravo and I headed out to the hottest part of the desert and searched and looked up and down for eagles and vultures but we just couldn't find any.The sun was high in the sky, and the scent of vulture lingered in the wind. A dune buggy was heard in the distance. The driver turned off the ignition and stepped out, before walking quickly towards us. He was a short man, with short, brown hair. He was wearing a black shirt with army pants and army boots. We just walked to a tree, and the man started to talk.

"Hi, Albany, it's me, Chon", the man said to me. "Look, it's been a while, but I've come to warn you that a big issue is coming your way. It's the big groups, they are getting more aggressive with the Scavers expanding their territory, so I haven't been able to visit." Chon continued talking me as a rumbling sound grew louder and louder in the distance. He paused and turned. "What is that?" I thought as he saw a bunch of dune buggies in the distance. "Oh no", he whispered to himself. "Scavers!"

"I'm sorry, Al", Chon said before dashing back to the dune buggy. He grabbed the top of the buggy and jumped in before trying to turn the engine on. "Work you stupid buggy!" he said to himself as the engine constantly cut out. He tried again, it didn't work. He looked back at the Scavers and he tried again. They had seen him and were coming, faster than ever. "Quick Al, you and your friend hop in, I want you two to be safe!"

The engine woke up, and we sped off.

Chon scooped up a radio in the seat next to him and yelled into it: "Tim! Tim, are you there?"
"Is that you, Chon?" his friend replied.
"Tim, listen, I got Scavers chasing me, I got Al and I need you to meet me at the base. Bring your little weapon. You know what to do".
The base was an old abandoned warehouse, and Chon was desperately speeding there with the Scavers slowly gaining on him. There was no doubt in his mind that the Scavers, an evil gang, would kill us if they caught us. Chon was going even faster, but the buggy was running out of juice and we might not make it.
There was only a mile left between Chon and the base as he told us, but the Scavers were right behind us. In the distance, Chon could see the figure of a man. The radio turned on. "Chon, what should I do?"
"Shoot straight", Chon replied.
Chon moved out the way as a missile sped past us and exploded the Scavers into pieces. We choked on the smoke, and we got out of the buggy. "Chon! Chon!" Tim called out, taking off his goggles. "Did I get 'em?" he asked.
"Yeah, Tim", Chon said. With happy, relieved thoughts I looked at the fire of the Scavers. "That was for killing our team". Then they welcomed us inside.

Bravo POV

These guys are awesome so I trust 'em! Those Scavers got what they asked for and if these guys know Al I trust 'em a lot. "Hey man, what's your name?" Chon asked me.

"People call me Bravo, I'm an ex-rifleman" I stated

"I know you," Tim stated

"Base 74 section B, a couple years ago I worked for you." He continued

"Wait, did you work in the pyro section?" I asked

"Yes, sir!" Tim said with joy

"But didn't you die?" I asked him

"Nope, the big fire could've never killed me, pyro remember?"He said with a smile

"But...Man, you truly haven't changed. Apart from the dead part." I said

"I know!"He said

Tim used to be a rifleman, he used to work with me on top secret missions and that stuff he could really be a good hand in our group, as Chon said the other groups are growing and the scavers must be moving in on us. We have to notify Thomas and Carson about this though.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE BASE...

Thomas' POV

I yawned, that was the best sleep I've had in ages. Where are Al and Bravo? I searched the base for them and I couldn't find one of them, I checked in my room and I found a note on the floor next to me! All it said was, "GONE HUNTING, YOU'RE WELCOME FOR FOOD! - Al and Bravo". Anyways I went to look for food while they were hunting, I strolled until I saw a cliff and maybe I'll be able to see where they are from here, I looked at the bottom of the cliff and I saw a corpse...oh my....no...it can't be!

I ran as fast as possible back to the base and shouted for Carson's name but got no answer...No this isn't happening! I grabbed binoculars and ran back the cliff, I looked down the binoculars...No...no....how?....no..I don't believe this! Lots of thoughts ran through my head lots of them asked what had happened. I don't even understand why or how this happened.NO!!!

"Oh Thomas..." A voice said

"No...this didn't happen" I shouted

At this point, I was very agitated...

"Well Thomas...only you can be blamed for this." the voice continued

"No...I didn't do this." I screamed

"Well Thomas, don't you see your friend dead down there...this is your fault," He said

"You killed her...you did this...this was you, Thomas!" He continued

"But...but...NOOOOOO!!! I didn't do any of this, it was YOU!" I shouted

"You did the deed, Thomas..now you deal with it...." the voice said as it faded away.

I can't believe what this stupid voice says, I didn't do this...I didn't kill her...No....I didn't this can't be happening! NO!!!