Chapter 2:What does it mean?

Thomas' POV
8 Years Later
I come down to the kitchen for breakfast on a Tuesday morning. My Dad and my Uncle are already up, and they look exhausted. My Dad asks, "Did you sleep alright?"

"Yes," I said

"Even after you woke up?"asked my dad

"...I woke up?"I said

In the middle of the night, I had started shouting. My father rushed into my room and found me sitting up in bed, screaming, "R-! DREAMED! FOUND!ME!" He did his best to calm me down while pushing away my scared uncle who had stormed in to find out what the hell was going on with me. He asked me who "R-" was, but I would only say that he was "Bad".

I couldn't believe anything they had said.

6 Years Later

I'm off in my first year of University. My dad sends me a video by email; he didn't mention it before. I press play, and it's my dad taking a video camera through our house. He was moving and sent the video as one last walkthrough of the now-empty house before he left. It was sweet and a little emotional, until he said, "So, here's something you might find a bit odd," when he approached a closet in his bedroom.

This closet, aside from being the hiding place for all the Christmas gifts, was also always packed full of old luggage and other stuff. You could only go two steps in before you would have to start climbing on things to go more. He goes in with the camera and I see that there are black crayon drawings on the wall, down at the height where a child would draw. There are random scribbles, some stick figures, something that may have been a house. I was already puzzled because I had no memory of ever playing in this closet.

Then the camera comes to a letter on the wall.

R

And my dad must not have remembered that night. He said in the video, "I wonder what that means?"