nine

December 17, 2015, 11 p.m.

After one long hour of crying, ranting and punching Jimin's chest (which he didn't say anything about), I finally get tired and ask him to take me home.

"I'll take you somewhere first," he tells me, before getting onto his motorcycle and offering me his helmet.

I take it without a word, climbing onto the motorcycle after him and clinging onto the back of my seat.

"Wrap your arms around my waist," Jimin orders. "It's dangerous if you sit like that."

After a while, seeing that I'm not budging, he takes my hands and plants it firmly around himself. "Hold on tight."

With that, he steps on the pedal and the bike lurches forward, pushing me against Jimin's back. Now I get what he meant by 'dangerous'.

My grasp tightens around his waist as he increases the speed of the motorcycle.

"LET IT ALL OUT," he commands, raising his voice so that I can hear him over the vroom of the engine. "WOOOOO!!" he exclaims, signalling for me to follow suit.

"THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING," I comment.

"DO YOU HONESTLY GIVE A FUCK?" I hear the smile in Jimin's voice.

Do I? I honestly don't know. I don't think I know anything anymore.

"MIN YOONGI, YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!!" I finally shout, after an eternity of hesitation.

"THAT'S IT!" Jimin approves with a grin. "KIM MINRAE, WHAT IS MIN YOONGI?"

"HE'S AN ASSHOLE," I reply happily, "HE'S A BASTARD WHO'S NOT WORTH MY TIME!!"

"WOOOOO!!" Jimin laughs.

We continue yelling like this until Jimin finally stops at a beach. He climbs off the bike and helps me get off too, removing the helmet from my head and placing it into the back compartment of his motorcycle.

Taking my hand, he starts to drag me towards the shore.

His hair is messy and sticking out in at least ten different directions, and his eyes are bloodshot from all the wind blowing into his face. It occurs to me that he lent me his only helmet, so his eyes weren't protected when we were riding at full speed just now.

He must have been really uncomfortable, especially when he still had to accommodate my screaming.

"We're here!" Jimin finally stops in front of the sea with a grin.

"What are we doing here?" I question.

As an answer, he bends down and picks up a stone from the sand. The stone rebounds three times against the water's surface as he hurls it in.

"You throw the stone into the water like that," Jimin instructs. "In your mind, grant a wish. If the stone rebounds at least twice, then the wish will come true. If the stone doesn't rebound, then it's not meant to be."

"That's stupid," I tell him, but pick up a pebble anyways.

What wish should I make? I think to myself.

All these years, I don't think my happiness has ever lasted. It just comes and goes, like the people in my life.

It was like that when I went out to play and ended up drowning that lady eight years ago, and it was like that with me and Yoongi's momentary relationship.

I want to be truly happy.

With that, I bend down and throw the stone towards the sea.

It sinks onto the seabed immediately, without even trying to bound back up.

***

Jimin plays like this for a bit more, while I just lay down on the sand, staring up at the night sky.

Unnie, are you there?

After a while, my eyes get droopy, so I close them and start to nod off.

In my subconscious state, I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders and another reach beneath my knees.

Bridal-style, Park Jimin lifts me from the ground and starts to leave the beach.

I feel him set me down onto the seat of his motorcycle, before climbing in behind me and placing a helmet over my head.

He pushes my head onto his chest and places my hands onto the handlebars, wrapping his fingers around mine to prevent me from falling off the bike.

Gently, he revs the engine, and unlike the joyride just now, the motorcycle is now travelling at a really slow pace.

Soon enough, Jimin reaches his destination, removing his hands from the handlebars while prying mine off too. He takes the helmet off my head before slowly getting off the bike.

Like just now, he scoops me up and walks up the stairs, stopping in front of my apartment door a minute later.

He rings the doorbell once, and almost immediately, the door opens.

"How is she?" I hear Taehyung ask.

Jimin must have already called him without my knowing. Taehyung doesn't usually wake up in the middle of the night unless someone asks him to. Even if World War III was going on outside the house, he would still be sleeping inside like a dead pig.

"She fell asleep," Jimin replies while walking into the apartment, lowering me onto the sofa in the living room.

Taehyung sighs. "You had to tell her, didn't you?"

"She needed to know," Jimin protests. "She didn't even suspect a thing. If none of us told her, she would have continued believing him, and it would hurt more in the end."

Wait, ALL of them knew?!

"But at least she would have been happy!"

"That happiness wouldn't have lasted."

They stay silent as Jimin's words register.

"Thanks," Taehyung finally breaks the silence with a sigh.

"For what?"

"For telling her," Taehyung explains, voice soft. "I know you did it for her own good."

Jimin stays silent, probably not used to Tae being cheesy.

But I agree with my brother.

Park Jimin chose to care, even more for me than my own brother. All six of them knew that Yoongi was cheating on me, but Jimin, whom I've only known for less than a week, was the only one who gave enough shits to tell me.

He could have left me there crying by the roadside, but he chose to stay.

Park Jimin, thank you.

Thank you.

For everything.

+

vote and comment! i know this wasn't as good but i'll try to make the next chapter better :>

:hoseokieomo