Festive

Katie's POV

Everyone is buzzing with excitement, the decorations are wonderfully done, and now campers are preparing their best togas.

There are like 3 Aphrodite kids per cabin making sure everyone looks great. I'm currently in the Hephaestus cabin making sure everything is going to plan.

Nyssa had kids help rig the entire great hall, and all I need to do is get Travis to stand exactly where I want him to.

I thanked them and told those who helped I owed them. Now I'm heading back to the cabin to get ready.

"THERE YOU ARE GET YOUR GRASS OVER HERE!" Lacy shouted at me. "Where have you been?! I've been waiting to get you ready all century over here! Do you know how important this is to me?" I just blinked at her and laughed.

"Calm down. Your mother will be proud of you no matter how I look." I put my hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"You don't understand because your mom favors you." She mumbled, "I have to impress my mom to win her over."

"That's not true, your mom is proud of you no matter what you do. Even if she has a hard home showing it." She seemed really stressed out and I think that's what brought this thought on. I know her mom is proud of her, Aphrodite really does love her children.

"Dear, is that what you really think?" We whipped our heads in the direction of a godly looking woman with brown curly hair and blue eyes. See what I did there? Godly? Get it?

"Mom?" Lacy asked.

Aphrodite smiled. What was she doing here? As if she read my mind, which I don't know if she actually can, she said "I'm only here to see how all of my children are doing with their projects for tonight." She waved her hand and sighed dramatically. "Dear, you don't need to win me over, I'm very proud of all of you. You're my children! Of corse I'm proud of you!" She pulled lacy into a quick hug and cupped her cheek then said, "I'm excited to see what you're doing for Katie, I have to run along now but I will be back. Ta ta!"

"Bye mom?" Lacy scrunched her eyebrows. "I have no idea what just happened." She turned to me and shook her head. "Let's just get you dressed."

After a lot of debate and veto'ing on both of our parts, we finally picked out an outfit that would work. She stuffed me into my new favorite dress.

The dress was a sea foam green color that came down to my feet. It had a mid section band made out of beads and little jewels with golds,silvers, and blues. The straps fell over my shoulders and attached somewhere on the back. The patterns on the waist were loops and circles that matched the beading on the straps. Lacy also insisted I wore a gold band on the middle of my upper arm and a gold necklace.

She also was compelled to force me to wear makeup. She put white eyeshadow and lots of highlights on my face along with a soft pink lipgloss. She insisted on subtle false eyelashes and that's where I drew the line.

After saying no to the eyelashes, she complained the entire time about how I 'ruined her masterpiece' or something like that's.  She forced my earthy, wavy, brown hair into a fabulous up-do. It was a bun at the bottom with  a braid right over it. I loved it, I don't think my hair has ever looked better.

"Katie, I'm officially done

"Katie, I'm officially done." Lacy said exasperated from all the work she'd done.

"Thank you so so much, Lacy." I hugged her.

"Oh it was nothing really, you have so much natural beauty it made it so much easier to work with." She winked at me. I smiled and thanked her. "Well I've got to get ready now, my dress is killer!"

She collected her things and headed out the door, waving goodbye to everyone currently in the cabin. I turned around to Miranda with her big brown eyes and she smiled.

"Wow Katie! You look great!" She complemented. She was wearing a dark purple dress and had straightened her hair.

"You look amazing too! Wait, who are you going with?" I looked at her questioningly.

"Oh, Malcolm from the Athena cabin asked me." She waved off.

"Malcolm?" I had to keep from laughing. If there is anyone who people call stern, it's Malcolm. "Well have fun." We both smiled at each other.

"Gladly." She wandered off, as it is we have like 20 minutes until the part begins. That means it's about time Travis is supposed to show up. I wonder if what I'm about to pull of is going to be kinda mean... Well, it will get him back for all those years of his stupid pranking and then breaking my nose. If I do pull this off, it will be better than anything he's done to me.

"Katio?" I turned around.

We both sucked in our breaths. He was wearing a loose blue shirt and a white toga over it. The blue shirt and silver trim really brought out his blue eyes.

"Wow Katie, you look amazing." He smiled. That stupid charming smile. Why does he have to be so darn charming?!

As if everyone could hear my thoughts, what's up with that today, my brother yelled "oooooh Katie's Prince Charming is here!" I blushed.

"Oh hush and go do... I don't know! Whatever it is you do Landon!" I yelled back. Travis, who was also blushing, started laughing. "You hush too!" I snapped at Travis.

He put up his hands in defense and laughed more. "Great come back Katie." He just giggled.

"I hate you." I smiled at him. He smiled back.

"No, you know you love me." He grinned.

Well how am I supposed to react to that? I just rolled my eyes, grabbed his arm, and mumbled, "Let's just go already."

----------------------------------
Oh boy lol
I've been MIA all summer,
Well I've been doing driving stuff💁 go me

Well, now I've left you on a cliff hanger.
And I'll be gone the next 5 weeks. Anywho, I'll try and get another chapter out in the next couple of days but if I don't, sorry😂.

How bout that?! Are you excited to see what Katie is going to pull off? Because I am too;))

Lots of love😘