Katies dad

Oh my gods what the frickidy frack? You guys are awesome!over 100?! I hate hugs, but for you guys;)
------/-/------Katie pov----/---//
I was just falling asleep on my birthday when I hear a knock on the door.
"I'll get it!!" Yelled my 12 year old stater violet. I just groaned. I was tired. (Pun not intended with saster...)

"M-mom?!? Chiron?" She said obviously dumbfounded.
"Hi violet, is Katie asleep?" My moms soothing voice asked. I jumped up and hobbled to the door."katie? Can you come here for a minute?" My mom asked leading me outside. "Katie? Happy birthday flower, you've really bloomed sense I've seen you last." she hugged me.
"How's Persephone mom?" I smiled.
"Katie we need to talk, it's about your father." my stomach dropped a thousand floors. Demeter whipped her eye and shooed of Chiron. "Your father got into a car crash. he wasn't able to recover. I'm sorry dear, I knew how close you were to your father. I loved him two. he was a wonderful man." she let a tear drop this time.
I couldn't find words. there were no words for how I feel. none. well, except that my heart was ripped to shreds in front of me. tears on my face turned to waterfalls and I cried into my moms shoulder. she pulled back stroking the side of my face. "I half to go Katie but I will check on you tomorrow." she left with a snap, and left cereal.

I ran. I ran till I got to the canoes. I crouched there and cried. I tend to go there when I cry... I just sat there shaking and crying. I sat there like a lost puppy with nowhere to go. my breathing became thin and short. I felt like I needed to puke.
Voices became stronger from behind me. I saw some light probably from a flashlight. they became more and more clear. i had to stop crying and suck it up not to draw attention to myself. giggles and talking filled the air. my wheezing just got louder.
"Oh my gods Katie? Is that you?" It was travis, connor, a bunch of other kids and their girlfriends on their arms. I tried to hide my face. "you guys go ahead, I don't care how long it takes.do the pranks with out me." there was a seriousness in his voice. his buddies snickered and walked off. "Katie?"

He couched down next to me and brought me up. I was crying, but now it was uncontrollable again. "my d-dad." I cried even harder when I said this. he put his hands on my wet puffy face and whipped a stream from my eye. "died" I whispered so small he could barley hear it.
"Kates it's going to be okay..." He said. He brought me into his hug. this one was warm and comforting. i cried into his chest and he bent over to put his head on top of mine. his lips were burning the top of my skull. he was so warm.
" no it's not!" I cried. I cried so hard, soaking his shirt. I wanted to stay like this, him holding me. my dad was gone. I still struggled to speak more than 3 syllables.
I feel like a truck just hit me. all I can grasp on to is Travis's tear soaked shirt. he held me forever. I didn't want it to end. he was the only comfort I had. this stupid prankster, is the one who is keeping me stable...I cried harder.
Travis's pov•*~•*|.<*^•|.'
I held my crying katie.
She was crying really hard. she loved her dad so much. they had a better relationship than Sally and Percy!
I pulled away still holding her and kissed her forehead.
I just kissed Katie gardner's forehead.
I KISSED Katie's forehead.
Well I wasn't her lips, but I felt amazing. I could go run a mile I was so happy. I brushed the hair from her face. her red puffy eyes were staring up at me, tears flowing from her eyes. I gave her a slight smile.
She rested her eyes and nose in my neck. she was out of energy but still crying;I picked her up and put her into a canoe.
I was cradling Katie gardner. "Travis? Thank you." Her voice was broken and small. then she went to sleep. I felt her chest move up and down, her breaths finally mellowing out. I fell asleep to, thinking of what I'm going to do with her that she will enjoy tomorrow.
TIME SKIP>>>>>>>>>>>>
I heard a clicking. I didn't want to open my eyes though,but I did.
There were a group of campers watching us. my face got red. they hap photos of me and katie. I heard Connor giggling. I lifted my head and looked at the campers.
Nisa was smiling with lacy. miranda looked mortified. will solace was shaking his head at me. some of my siblings were smiling and giving me thumbs up,and Connor was taking pictures.
They were all mumbling or talking to one and other. "nice travis." someone said. "did you canoodle?!" Someone gasped.
"Will you all shut up? Katie's dad died last night! You know how close they were? Just leave us alone." I said. they all left in silence and lacy was crying. it was my turn to comfort her not theirs.

I felt Katie move her head to look up at me. "Travis?" She rubbed her eyes.
"Yeah kit kat?" She lifted her head and it was close to mine. I blushed furiously. she just kissed my forehead.
"I owe you." She said.
Katie got up and left.
I just sat there, and oH MY GODS KATIE GARDNER KISSED ME!!!!
I smiled and walked to my cabin.