XLIII

I try to stand up and run from the boy but instead I end up crawling backwards with my hands, my heartbeat increases. I need to escape but how? I can't even stand up.

"Don't be scared." The blonde-haired guy says.

"You are going to kill me." I say, I don't even know why I am talking to the person that will be my killer instead of getting as far away from him as I can.

The boy just smiles at me and shakes his head, making his golden hair a bit messier. He takes a few steps towards me but I crawl farther away from him, I see silver dots, meaning weakness but I guess the adrenaline keeps me going.

"I won't kill you." He says softly. "If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it a few days ago."

"What do you mean?"

"You have been unconscious for five days, I think."

"Five days?" I ask, the new information makes me a bit more confused. "Why?"

"Why don't you calm down? Stop trying to escape, I'll give you my weapons if that makes you feel more comfortable and I will explain everything to you."

I look at him uncertainly, I am still not convinced with it. I don't trust anyone, I have never done it, what should I do? It takes me several minutes to finally nod at him. He smiles and throws his weapon in front of me without hesitating at all.

"Can you walk?" He asks me. "If not, I'll help you."

"I fell the last time I tried to stand up." I admit.

"I'll help you then."

He put his arms under my armpits to help me get to my feet, my legs shake and if it weren't for his hands I would have fallen to the ground again. He notices this so he puts one of his arms under my knees and just like that he is carrying me bridal style. I feel myself blushing at it.

He puts me down in the spot I was before he came, then he sits in front of me. I start to play with my hands, I always do it when I'm nervous, but who wouldn't be when they don't really remember much of what have happened lately and a boy that is supposed to kill you, finds you? And somehow, you are in his arms, being carried.

"What happened to me?" I ask him, voicing the question that is bothering me the most.

"Four girls have made an alliance, they made a plan to kill the girl from eleven with poisoned darts," he explains. "Somehow they hit you."

As he tells me that, I remember me being hidden watching Maisha, but I don't remember how I got there, then I'm running away, probably because of the girls.

"I remember it now, I felt like if a bee stung me, on my arm, right?"

"Yeah and the back of your neck."

"I don't remember that."

"You were probably already running away from them so you didn't feel it." He says shrugging. "Do you remember me?"

"Yes, I know who you are and that we talked a few times before but I can't really remember your name right now."

"I'm Kade." He says smiling.

"Kade, right." I say. "District four."

"Exactly." He says.

"What else happened?"

"You fell to the ground, I was around when everything happened so I made sure you were alright, I found you a few minutes before you fell unconscious, you were mumbling things and you were crying."