Chapter Three- The Beginning

• Dedicated to Gabriela Gomez

The picture on the side shall help you as you continue to read. Thanks to LeslieVargas for making these past few pictures for me.

"Hikari, please don't leave me. Just hold on. The medicine should be working by now. If you can hear me, move your hands," Daniel pleaded.

I built the strength to move just my index finger and I heard Daniel's sigh of relief. My eyes felt like lead and my body ached. Strangely enough, I could feel my body start up as if it were a human's computer.  I'm like a robot. I have no emotions and do as I am commanded, I thought to myself. Heat began to awaken my blood stream and stir up my senses.

Just as I regained my full ability of hearing, I heard strange noises emitting nearby. Maybe I am in Hell, but why is Daniel with me? He's a Saint compared to me, I thought. Slowly enough, my eye lids begin to peel away and began to show me something I never wanted to see.

Adam.

"W-what are y-you doing here?!" I exclaimed. Suddenly, my heart began to race and my blood was boiling. Automatically, I get off the bed and put my hands on his throat. "I said, what are you doing here?! I thought I killed you back in Donalone where you made me feel like a complete fool. Do you want me to kill you again?!" my voice turned into sheer ice as if it were piercing right through his ears.

"Hikari, stop! Let him go, he didn't do anything to you," Daniel said as he tried to pry my fingers off Adam's soft skin. I gave Daniel a push into the other direction softly but I underestimated my own strength as he fell onto the rocky floor. It took me a second to realize what I had done, and then quickly went to Daniel's side.

"Daniel, I'm so sorry. I couldn't control myself," I apologized as I tried to help him back up. He refused for my help and got up on his own with a little struggle.

"Hikari, think for a second and look at him, does he look like he's going to kill someone? Does he look like that guy you killed back in Donalone? Does he have that look in his eyes, when he betrayed you," Daniel said calmly.

His words hit me hard as he said that last sentence. "How do you know what happened back then? I never mentioned any of this to you. I just met you and yet you seem to know about what happened between me and Adam," I questioned.

"Correction, we haven't 'just met'. You've been knocked out for two weeks and you happen to talk when you sleep. And this 'Adam' is the guy who saved your life, you should be thankful," Daniel corrected.

I looked at Adam and analyzed him. Now that I thought clearly, I saw that he was indeed not Adam. His face was thinner and his eyes were a pale gold with black hair barely touching his eyebrows. He was indeed older by at least four to five years and had a scared look on his face. My heart sank as I realized what I had done to this innocent man. "I'm truly sorry for what I had down to you, sir. I was not thinking right and mistook you for a person back home," I apologized.

The man's scared face slowly turned back into a stern face then walked off without saying a word. I felt slightly annoyed that he didn't respond to my apologies but I shrugged it off and focused back on Daniel. He had one hand massaging his left shoulder as he looked at the stars. Slowly, I walked to him with a sudden burst of curiosity. Now that I wasn't focused on trying not to die, I had so many questions about Earth and about his village and about music. I want to know as much as I can about music, I told myself.

"Daniel, tell me about music. Do you know what music is? I want to know so much," I beamed. I sat on the rocky floor not caring that my body ached, I was used to the pain and could endure it for long periods of time.

His face slowly turned to my direction and he looked at me with a sincere look, "To tell you the truth, Hikari, I hate music. I'm sorry but I wish not to talk about it."

Someone who doesn't want to talk about music and that person is not a Donalonian? Isn't that impossible? But he told me that he didn't want to talk about it so I'll just have to ignore my fascination with it, I thought gloomly. Out of habit, I grabbed a rock and threw it into a tiny stream. 

"Excuse me, but do you think you could help us?" said a soft girl voice. I turned around and saw a young girl with a boy strapped onto her back. "Please help us, my brother fainted earlier today out of exhaustion and he won't wake up, I don't know what do," the girl begged.

We were adjusting our camp when that girl popped out of nowhere.

Daniel rushed to my side as he gave that girl suspicious looks. "Don't believe this girl, she ate her brother. She's hiding a pointed arrow in the shirt of her brother. I believe you can handle her so take this," he whispered then handed me a dagger secretly.

The little girl's eyes narrowed to pay attention to our hands and quickly pulled out the arrow. She ran toward Daniel knowing that he just gave me his only protection, but she's not fast enough get through me.

"Oh no little girl, I'm your opponent, not him," I said as I try to pierce the dagger through her stomach but she was fast as well and gracefully dodges. I grunted and aimed once more but instead of aiming for her stomach I aim for her chest area. Just as I'm about to pierce through her, I stopped and kicked her upwards.

I jumped off the ground, gaining speed and kicked her once more towards me. She doesn't try to dodge and just takes in all the kicks. Right as she began to feel the pain, I stabbed her once in the stomach and once in the chest. The girl immediately fell to the ground and began to turn into ash. By the time she's completely ash, a black spirit shrieked out and faded away.

I looked away from the sight then turn to Daniel and asked, "Is this really Earth?" Then, for the first time, Daniel looked at me as if he were a little boy and replied, "I'm beginning to wonder the same thing."