Chapter Nine - The One Who Was Lost

Daniel never felt so confused in his life. The only thing he knew was that Vincenzino and Hikari were in an ancient music hall and that he was in Cloud Realm with King Gavin. Everything else was just mush in his head.

After a huge fire in the middle of Helios was put out, Daniel was knocked out. When he woke, he found himself on the floor of a gigantic room. A servant explained to him that he was in the Grand Hall, the Cloud Realm's most important room. Daniel didn't care about the Grand Hall, he only cared about Hikari and Vincenzino. Were they okay?

"Daniel Paramour, I'm going to make you an Angel. Do you understand?" the King asked in his throne.

The Grand Hall was too bright. Daniel had to squint his eyes to try and make eye contact with the king. He didn't want his head to be cut off if he didn't give King Gavin all his respect. The King was treasured by his whole kingdom and Daniel caught on after about five mintues when all the surrounding servants were prepping his throne.

"Why me? Why do you choose me out of so many to become an Angel?" Daniel asked curiously.

"I've seen what you're capable of with just the sound of your voice. You don't remember do you?" King Gavin asked nonchalantly.

 The sound of my voice? What does he mean? Daniel asked himself.

"You don't remember for a reason Daniel. There's no need to remember anyways The time for you to remember will come soon.Just agree to become an Angel and things will become much more easy for all of us," King Gavin sighed.

"Why should agree to becoming one? I like being a human. How do I know that you aren't evil?" Daniel questioned. His nerves were wrangling.

"Evil? Me? I'm the King of Cloud Realm! If anything, I'm the opposite of evil," the King replied back. His eyes seemed to look at Daniel in a condescending manner.

"Whatever. Let me decide tomorrow. I'd like to rest," Daniel said.

The King didn't reply and just gestured the servant to take Daniel in a guest room.

*     *     *

After a nice bath in the marble bathroom, Daniel laid on his bed and tried to sleep. To many things happened that day and now he has the King of Cloud Realm trying to get him to be an Angel. He would've liked to become an Angel but when King Gavin brought up something about his voice, he questioned whether he should become an Angel.

"Ugh, why can't I remember my past in detail?!" he yelled in his pillow, "Why is everything such a blur?"

Daniel closed his eyes and tried to recall his past. He only remembered the people in his village and how everything looked. Everything else seemed to be lost or tangled in with something else. Thinking about it continuosly only made his head hurt more intensely. He balled his hands into fists and hit the wall next to the bed. Daniel knew it was pointless but not remembering his past frustrated him and he also had to decide whether or not he should be an Angel.

To many things were going on that he had to take deep breaths. The room was to suffocating even if it was gigantic. It had a great view of Cloud Realm and the floor was glass so you could see the clouds underneath. It surely was breath-taking yet Daniel still felt suffocated so he opened a door in the back of the room.

Daniel's room was the first thing you saw when you opened the door from the outside but as Daniel explored, he foound another room in his guest room. The living room was even larger than his room, about the size of a huge lobby. All the walls were glass so it was like a floating box in the sky. The room was bare except for a black leather couch in a corner and a small coffee table on it's side. As he stepped on the cold floor with his bare feet, the moon's face went directly in front of Daniel's.The stars were also close to Daniel that he felt like he could touch them by just simply reaching out.