17 • Marinette (UNEDITED)

Bong,
Bong,
Bong,
Bong,
Bong,
Bong,
Bong,
Bong,
Bong,
Bong,

The echoes of the bell tolling faintly in the distance made me stiffen.
Ten Strikes.
Curfew at ten o'clock sweetie, okay?
Mum's voice stroke into my head.
Curfew.
She's going to be so mad at me.
"I need to go chat, and quick." I say, trailing my hands away from his.
He hears the urgency in my voice, but lingers after me.
"Where are you going? It's not even 11 yet."
"I wasn't actually allowed to attend tonight, but I did so anyway, I rebelled against my mother's orders. She's going to check on me any second now. If she finds out, I'm dead meat."
He nodded in understatement.
"Understood. See you in class tomorrow then."
I gave a small wave and rushed out the orange doors into the cool night air.
I dug into my purse and found the two round earrings.
I wiped some dried blood from it with a tissue and winced when I put them on my still healing earlobes.
Tikki materialises in front of me, immediately pulling me into a mini hug straight after.
"Thank goodness Marinette, I thought I'd lost you!"
I smiled at her.
"I wouldn't know what to do without you, I could never loose a fantastic little kwami!"
"Let's continue this conversation when you get home, alright?" Tikki grinned.
"Okay Tikki, time to transform, spots on!" I whispered, afraid that someone would hear me.
The transformation easily washes over my dress, which gets replaced with the comfortable, skin-tight costume.
I swing my familiar magic yo-yo and tug on it as it hooks onto a nearby corner on top of a roof.

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

Using the momentum from my last swing, I jumped straight into my bed and pulled the covers over my head, hiding the fact that I was still in my ladybug costume.
Mum decided to come into my room to check on me, just as I ducked under the covers.
I held my breath and lay still.
The trapdoor creaked as it was open.
"Strange, I swear I thought I heard footsteps." Sabine's voice rang out.
Floorboards heaved slightly when a mum stepped across the room and up the steps to my bed.
I could feel her presence leaning over me.
"Sleep tight dear."
When I heard the click of the door closing, I let go of my transformation and reached out a hand to grasp the torch on my bedside table. Clicking it on under the covers, I used it as a column, giving myself and Tikki some space between the mattress and the quilt.
"That was a close one Marinette! Be more careful next time!" Tikki chided me flicking my nose with a little red hand.
"Sorry Tikki, I guess I lost track of time at the ball. I'll be more mindful next time."
Tikki sighed and a smile lit up her face.
"At least you finally got to know about Adrien! I've been waiting for a long time to see whether you could do it or not! But for now, what are you going to do about your clothes?"
She gestures toward the borrowed lost property outfit I still had on.
I face palm and bonk my head onto the soft mattress, groaning.

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

The merry sound of the birds chirping their morning call woke me up.
Groaning again, I recalled what I did last night.

I had gotten out of bed, switched the light on and changed into my pjs.
Too bad I didn't realise that my parents could see the faint glow coming from the trapdoor.
When I heard mum coming up the stairs, I panicked.
Panicking makes me clumsy.
Being clumsy equals tripping up the steps to my bed, banging my head on the railing, stumbling backward only to fall over the railing and bonking my whole body hard on the carpet.
"Owwwwww......" I had groaned.
"Sweetie, what happened? Are you hurt? Why are you out of bed?"
"I-I-I uh....." I thought quickly, trying to come up with the best excuse possible.
"I was having trouble sleeping!" I blurted out, causing my mother to raise an eyebrow.
"So... S-so I-I accidentally fell over the railing and ended up on the floor?" I tried to cover up.
Great going, fantastic job. You could've just said that you were getting a glass of water. I had thought to myself that night.
She looked at me, unconvinced, before slowly turning around and heading down.
"Next time, be more careful dear!"

Tikki nudging my side snapped me out of my daze.
"Marinette! You're going to be late for school!"
I glanced at the clock...
8:40
"Don't worry Tikki, I still have five minutes to prepare.... WAIT, WHAAAT?!?!?" I screamed once the words sank into my brain.

School holidays are here!
Let us rejoice!
More updates!
Okay, okay let's get straight to the point.
So, since I finally can relax, I'll be updating, hopefully, more often. The problem is, I'm afraid that in running out of ideas and I really can't be bothered with bring out another akuma. Also, I do realise how much this sounds like Cinderella, but in reality, I didn't really plan for the masquerade ball to last this long! If you guys have any amazing ideas you want me to incorporate into here, just go ahead and ask me in the comments! I love hearing your thoughts out!
!Warning!
Upcoming humongous rant.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouholygodsthankyouallllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy schnitzels! I think I'm gonna cry rivers of joy!

OMG, no, OMFG! (Freaking) Do you see that people?!!? He'll do you see that!!!!???????2kkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!God bless you all lucky bugs! Best readers a crazed Author could ever have! *wipes tear*Also,108 followers?!!? You're kidding me ...

Do you see that people?!!? He'll do you see that!!!!???????
2kkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God bless you all lucky bugs! Best readers a crazed Author could ever have!
*wipes tear*
Also,
108 followers?!!? You're kidding me right?!?!
This is too good to be true! Pinch me! I must be dreaming! Actually no! Don't ! I don't ever want to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆*tries to calm down and regain posture*
Yup, that's about it.

HL🐞
Out!