Chapter 1: Where It All Went Wrong

Lucy's PoV

"Guys! I need to go get some resources! See you before nightfall!" I call through the door of my team's room.

Hi! I'm Lucy Heartfilia, aged 14. I'm a celestial Mage from the Fairy Tail guild. I'm also part of the strongest team in our guild, although sometimes I don't think I should be on it. I joined the guild a year ago, not long, I know. Yet, I think of everybody in my guild as family, because I've never had a real one. I'm an orphan. I never knew my parents and have never been adopted by anyone. The nuns at the orphanage were always kind to me and said that I was put in their care by handsome knights of the king's professional guards, but I know now that those only happened in fairytales. I was friends with the children and elders who lived in Magnolia, where Fairy Tail headquarters are and the placement of St Ankhseram orphanage is, where I've lived for most of my life. When I was finally allowed to explore the world as if it were my own, and joined my precious guild. I only have four silver keys; Lyra, Crucis, Nikora and Horologium, and three golden keys; Aquarius, Taurus and Cancer.

I love my life in the guild, it allows me to be free, I don't know what I'd do without them, they are everything to me.

Anyway, back to the present. In current events, I am on a mission with my team to take down some monsters that have been wreaking havoc lately. It's been kind of stressful, more than others anyway. You see, Fairy Tail is notorious for destroying things in the process of saving things. We're in the capital of Fiore. Where the King lives. Of a magical kingdom. So you see my problem. And of course my team had to be the most destructing.

Why did we choose this job again? I face palm as I walk down the calm, cobblestone streets on Crocus. I sigh, looking at the flowers hanging from flower boxes up on someone's window and the lights hanging from pole to pole above me as I walked. Busy citizens carried boxes of their product around the market square, promoting as mush as they could. Newspaper boys called out information on the king's latest dealings with close kingdoms and Fairytail's most recent mess ups. Everything was in order. Everything was happy and calm. Everything was perfect. But of course perfection wasn't allowed in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I talked with the shop owners for a bit before heading back to the inn. Natsu, Erza, Gray and Wendy must be getting worried, especially Happy. I giggled with my arms full, a smile claiming itself on my face. The sun was just past its highest point. It's at least 1:30 by now, plenty of time to spare. Maybe I could have a look in the magic stores around town. No, everybody's waiting for me. I think as I summon Plue to walk beside me. "Pun, puuuuunnnnn." He cheers shakily. "Hi, Plue, I haven't seen you in a while, how are you?" I giggle, knowing I won't understand his answer either way. "Pun, good!" He cheers. I freeze. "Happy! Get your butt out here!" I command, looking around at the empty side street. No reply. "A-Are you learning how to speak like me, Plue?" I gasp, after a while of waiting for the annoying blue cat. "Pu, punnnn." He shakes his head as a no. I put on a confused face and start walking again. "Maybe I'm just imagining things. I guess being part of Fairy Tail for this long gets to you." I chuckle at my own joke and continue the rest of the way in silence.

Natsu's PoV

After Luce leaves, we finish packing. "Hey, Flame Brains! Do you have any rope?" The Ice Princess shouts from his side of the room. "What are you calling me, Freezer Pants?" I immediately launch myself at him. Before I could land on my target, an arm booked me and crushed my face inwards. "Shh." Erza whispers as she makes me crouch to the ground. "What is it Erza-San?" Wendy whispers, crawling over to us. "I sense a huge magical energy coming this way." She frowns, shuffling over to the window and peaking out of it.

At that instant, something hits her square in the face and she falls back. "Erza!" Happy screams. "It's an ambush!" Carla gasps. We all instantly get into our attack stances. A sickly amount of dark magic clouds the room and cloaked members started jumping through the window Erza was attacked by.

"Who are you?" I scream, aiming a punch at him. "Hello, we are Moonlight Secrets. A dark guild." The member I'm aiming for, deflects my attack and points me to the wall. "I've heard of you! You're out for the King!" Erza gasps. "Apologies Miss Titania, but our goals stretch a little further than the King himself." Another man smirks from under his cloak, which was covering every inch but his mouth, chin and neck. "Then who, or what?" Wendy's curiosity spikes. "Who cares! This is great prep for the mission!" I try throwing another punch. Keyword: try.

"Now, Salamander, you should understand why people must hate others. Otherwise, there would be a case of misunderstanding." The first Mage chuckles. "We are here for the lost princess. We are aware you have her in your care." The other explains. "Sorry, bub. But we ain't got no royals here! ICED FLOOR!" Gray punches the ground, freezing it. The other guild starts to slip and slide for a moment before its melted. "Natsu!" He whines. "It wasn't me!" I defend myself. "He's right." A feminine voice walks up from the back. "Volcanic inferno!" She raises her hand and molten lava erupts from it. I eat it and Wendy blows it away before it could reach the others. "Where is Lucy of Fairytail!" She asks. "She doesn't have anything to do with you!" Erza stands in front of us. "So you don't know what she is? What she possess?" They ask. "Either way, you're not getting to her." I tell them and we begin fighting, completely annihilating the inn along with ourselves.