Chapter 2: Abandoned

Lucy's PoV

When I become in hearing distance of the inn, I hear people screaming and buildings crumbling. I dropped my groceries and ran as fast as I could. When I got there, I stood in shock as I saw the half blown up building. My friends were in the centre of it all, Wendy collapsed being surrounded by the rest of the team for protection. I looked in horror as Natsu and the others fought with some cloaked figures with high dark magical energies. "They're going to destroy all the houses in this area if they don't stop soon!" A close bystander worried to her friend. "Hopefully the army will get here soon." Another begs. Army!? I gasp to myself, snapping out of my thoughts and climbing up the rubble they had piled during the fight. "Guys! What happened!" I ran up to them, standing in between both parties. "It's the target!" A now uncloaked, red headed female with hair buzzed off the sides announced to her comrades.

Suddenly, I felt a blow to my side. I looked over to Fairytail's side. Natsu had accidentally friendly fired. I clutched my side as everyone fought it out.

In the end, I was sitting helpless against a pillar off the side, my injury bleeding out a little, as my friends grew weary. "We'll come for you again, Lucy O' Fairytail. Until then, you should prepare." What seemed like the leader of the pack, threatened, and with the snap of his right-hand-man's fingers, the three opponents all turned into black smoke, blowing off into the wind.

I slowly stood up, using what was behind me to propel myself towards my fallen guild mates. "Guys, are you okay? What happened?" I placed my hand on the kneeling Natsu's shoulder, which instantly made him flinch and throw his arm back, accidentally hitting my face. "What the hell are you?" He looked down at me in disgust as Erza tended to Gray's and Wendy's wounds. "Wh-What do you mean?" I stuttered helplessly, holding myself up with one hand and my burning cheek in the other. "Those people came for you! Not us! Not the group! They specifically came for you! What the hell have you been doing behind our backs?" He spat, pointing an accusing finger down at me. "I've never done anything to hurt any of you! Whatever they came for, I wouldn't know what it is!" I lashed out as well, standing up and pointing my own finger in his face. "Well, you never tell us anything about you, Lucy. You've never even told us about where you come from or who your family is." Gray agreed with Natsu. My own brother figure trusted one of us more than the other. "It's true, Lucy-San. We've all told you about our pasts." Wendy also turned on me. "It wouldn't kill you to open up a bit." Erza fired the final shot.

It was true, I had never told them about the orphanage or that I actually came from Magnolia, but I was ashamed of it. I didn't want them to know my parents didn't want me, to the point they would leave me by myself with a bunch of strangers. I wasn't as trusting as I lead myself to be. But was that so wrong?

I slowly inched further and further to the edge with the fallen wall, now a slide to get to the bottom of this now heap of rock and wood. I couldn't believe my ears. They had never truly trusted me. They had never thought of me as family. They had never accepted my privacy. "I-I'm so sorry that you feel that way." I stuttered, tears falling down my cheeks as fast as Erza finding a cake shop. I was in utter disbelief. "Just leave us alone. I've had enough of your 'sorry for yourself' attitude." Natsu grunted, turning away as everyone let him say that to me, not having a problem with it. It was as if they agreed with him. Maybe they hadn't heard him. Maybe they didn't want to deal with him in this state. Or maybe they just didn't care.

So I fled. I ran from my family, the second one whatever immortal power had given me in my single lifetime. I left the people I cared for and cherished. I abandoned the ones I had preyed for every night on those Orphanage grounds.

It was like what I had always done. I ran from my problems. I was a helpless, little girl who relied on everyone's help with nothing to give in return. I was greedy, and it had only caught up on me.

I was

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Useless