Chapter 19: A Brief Encounter

"Where to next?" Thinking aloud, I looked over my kingdom. It's been 6 months since I left the palace without my trusted bodyguard by my side. 6 months since Fairytail disbanded. During those 6 months, I've been dealing with the mess and jobs Fairytail should be dealing with. Plue sat in my arms with my cape cuddling my shoulders. "That depends on you, Princess. We can take a short cut to the next city through the mountains." Sagittarius replied, Leo and Gemini- transformed into Madoka- laying on the rocks beside us. "Let's just rest for a bit. Maybe go to a hot spring together?" Leo suddenly appeared next to me, in my Astrea form and standing on the edge of a cliff. "You never learn." I sighed, punching him away from me with my gloved hand. Even though Fairy Tail had disbanded, I still had my mark. 

"It is true, Your Highness. Maybe we should camp out here for the night and regroup tomorrow, piri piri." Gemini replied, leaping out of their transformation midway. "Alright. Let's go further in." I announced, Sagittarius freezing. "Why should we go...f-further in?" He stuttered. His fears could be felt from where I was. "Sagittarius, you need to get over this idiotic fear of your's." I sighed, although patting his back caringly. "I still can't believe an archer if afraid of heights! Not like a strong guy like me." Leo teased, pushing his glasses up as he pushes himself on me. "Coward, piri piri!" Gemini repeated as Sagittarius whept. "Plue thinks brothers and sisters are making a fool of themselves." Plue gathered, me nodding solemnly. "You're correct, Plue. I think it's time you guys go back to the spirit world." I stood up from my position in between Sagittarius and Leo, getting my keys out. "But Madoka made us promise to always be by your side!" Sagittarius jumped up, saluting as he kept his eyes away from the cliff's edge. "To keep you safe from harm's way, we need to be here." Leo tried cosying up to me once again. "Not when you're giving me a headache. Return!" I commanded and they all vanished, except for Plue. 

Then I set off further into the mountains. The sun was hot and setting, but a cool breeze swept past us in the early spring afternoon. I was so focused on getting to a suitable camping site, I hadn't realised the avalanche bouldering down in front of us. "I wonder what caused that?" Looking around, I climbed up on the rubble to see a group of men and women fighting. The one facing their opponent was now fried to a crisp, an attack signalling the avalanche. I watched the fire wizard take out two of their fighters as if swatting away flies, now there were two left to be in awe of the person before them. Although, they couldn't discuss for long as the fire wizard roared a massive ball of fire in their direction, knocking them all out, just like that.

As a blue blob told him how overboard he went, my protectiveness of my country took over and I jumped down to the crater his attack left. "Do you want to die?" I asked the group that was still shaking at how strong the man was. At my statement, they ran for the hills. "Hey! You call yourselves a guild!" The pinkette screamed after them, going to run after them.

Wanting to deal with him myself, I shot him back with a ball of light. "Lighten up," I muttered, facing my palm in his direction, the massive ball hit him and his friend straight on, pushing them both back. "I won't deal with people destroying my land like this. There's a reason I protect it." I stated, walking up to the two sitting in the crater I produced and kneeled down. "And I heard you guys disappeared." I scoffed, recognising the fire wizard as Natsu Dragneel. I hide my true feelings of joy and shock and just smirked at his dazed expression. "Don't try anything like that again in a place like this, you almost took me out. You're fortunate my middle name is Lucky." I scowled at all the devastation.

"Do you know how many traders pass through here? How do you expect people to get through now?" I shouted, storming over to the unaware man and flying cat. Ignoring the rising pain in my side for being so close to the person that inflicted the pain on me, I helped him up. "Do I know you?" Natsu's hair had grown quite a lot since I'd last seen him. His muscles had improved greatly and I had to distract myself by answering his question. "Are you really that dense? Astrea. The mage that threatened to kill your entire guild?" I tried to make him aware of the danger he was in right now, but he still didn't remember me. Neither did Happy. I sighed, although I felt a strange sense of happy nostalgia conversing with him.

"Red! Red!" Plus started to yell, although my arch-enemies couldn't make sense of it. I looked down at sighed at the bloodstain arising on my blue shirt. "Damn it," I grumbled, removing my hand from the area to see if it was recent blood. It was from the burned scar he caused me. Although I had grown used to the constant pain throughout the years, it was still an annoyance. "Hey, you okay?" Ignoring my earlier threat, Natsu peered at the gap in my cloak. I turned away and started walking. "Watch out, Dragneel. And don't damage my land!" I yelled over my shoulder as we parted ways.