Chapter 14: Time Skip

A few years have passed since I left Fairy Tail. During that time, I decided to mix up my look a bit. I cut my hair to my shoulders and have been wearing dresses or oversized tops, because of the anxiety that grew from my wound that has never healed. I have also gotten stronger. Much stronger. I can use my spirit's magic and even cast spells from other space magics. My guild mark never disappeared. Instead, I wear a glove whenever I'm on official princess duty or don't want to be recognised as a member. Madoka trained me in non-magical combat for if when she wasn't with me and I couldn't use any magic, which has never happened. It's only been 3 years and I've improved so much. I've made a name for myself, not my real one of course. I hear people call me 'Astrea', also a goddess worshipped in northern continents. I can also speak with my Celestial spirits that don't sound comprehensible to others. Such as Plue, I can understand him.

But, in my first year of travelling, Madoka and I were attacked by a dark guild. The master was a witch, who was able to put a curse on me before we took her down. She stopped my ageing process for 7 years. It will be annoying, but I'll have to deal with it for now.

Although I accomplished so much, grown up and lived through the pain of leaving my past behind, I haven't had the guts to visit Magnolia again. I was able to find Team Natsu and other Fairy Tail teams on their missions, helping out when they seemed to be struggling. Last I heard, Lisanna had returned only a week ago, but I couldn't face her after what happened, she probably hates me. I've heard Laxus had also returned, Makarov's grandson, but was expelled because he tried to take over the guild. I saw him when he was leaving Magnolia, he seemed to be alright with being banished. I don't think he knows I'm supposed to be dead, because when he saw me, we talked reasonably casually, Madoka standing cautiously by my side. I wanted to join Sabre Tooth, but I couldn't with my Fairy Tail emblem, a constant reminder of what happened. As Makarov believe me to be dead, there was no way I could get it removed. He was the only one with the power to do so.

At the moment, I'm back from my third tour around Fiore, relaxing at home after 6 months away from it. I've been back for 2 weeks. Sting and Rogue should be returning from their own mission of 1 month today. I don't know if they're aware I'm back.

Sitting on my balcony, which has upgraded since I first moved in with roses crawling around the marble railing and walls and more furniture; such as a white outdoor rocking chair and some cushioned stools for the children I teach magic. Even if I'm only at the palace 50% of the year, because I rarely leave for the full 10 months at a time, I'm involved in the Capital. I teach magic lessons to take over mages and space-related magic users.

I was sitting in my wicker rocking chair with a rose design on it, drinking tea from a similarly designed teacup. A book laid open on my lap, a research article on spirits. "Lucy, the princes have returned." Madoka walked through the glass door to my room. "I can't wait to see them again! It's felt like years!" I sprang up, putting the cup and book on the small table beside me. "We have done a lot of travelling. I received a letter from the barman of the hotel we stayed at in Akane Beach. It seems he wants to meet up." She informed me as we walked down the hall to the entrance, where Sting, Lector, Rogue and Frosch should be arriving by the time we get there. "Oh, it looks like the guard has a suitor." I winked suggestively as she blushed. "I guess I have." She giggled, looking ahead with a happy smile.

We quickly arrived at the entrance. Seeing Sting's blond hair, I ran up and jumped on him. The twins were my age now, 17, because of the curse. They were also taller than me now. "Luce! When did you get back?" Sting cried as I jumped back down after a moment of him being too stunned to do anything, resetting his furred collar. "A week or so ago. It was so quiet with just dad, Hisui and Madoka. You should have hurried up." I complained as I walked to Rogue, giving him the same, life-threatening hug. "How was your trip? We heard that Fairy Tail is doing their S-Class trials. The disappearance? Are you alright?" Rogue asked as I let go, me smiling sadly. I might hate Fairy Tail for what they did to me, but that doesn't mean I wish them dead.

The team that went to the Fairy Tail sacred island have been gone for 3 months and no one can find them. I might be a bit worried. They were a huge part of my childhood and the ones who raised me. It was hard to let all those memories go.

"They can take care of themselves. They're Fairy Tail after all. You guys must be tired. Hisui is on a trip to a neighbouring country at the moment, so why don't we go have tea in my room?" I crouched down to get the exceeds as Plue waddled behind me. "Actually, I have to meet someone first." Sting blushed brightly, holding the back of his neck. "Already? But you just got back?" I cocked my head to the side, worried for my brother's health. "Luce, just leave it to him. He's meeting his lady friend." Rogue smirked at our brother as he picked up Plue and stood beside me. "Ohhhh, okay. Well, say hello to Yuki for me!" I waved him goodbye as we walked down the hall, him blushing hotter as he turned his back.

"What about you, Rogue? Got any girls you've got your eye on?" I elbowed him as Fro climbed onto my head, messing up my half tied back hair. Rogue blushed terribly. "N-No! I'm too busy to have a gi-girlfriend. It won't matter anyway. I'll probably have to marry a noble daughter or princess from another country." He defended himself. "Don't worry about that, Rogue. I'll make sure you marry whoever you want. I might be cursed, but I'm still technically your older sister." I reached up to his head and pet him, his cheeks flaring redder. "I'm not a little kid." He turned back to his old, stoic self as he briskly walked down the hall to my room, me running off after him, Fro holding onto my hair.

Rogue and I decided to have tea while I told him what happened over the past 6 months. "I was just finishing my martial arts training and doing missions. It would be cool if I could promote to S-Class, but with Fairy Tail thinking I'm dead. It isn't the best idea. Anyway, why don't we talk about your mission?" I ignored the depressing feeling in the pit of my stomach as we watched the city below. "I'm sure Master Jiemma will let you take the Sabre Tooth trails, why don't you ask him?" Rogue asked as he took a sip from his cup. I only sighed. It wouldn't be right if I did it through Sabre Tooth. And with the Fairy Tail team's disappearance, I don't think I could do it. "No, it doesn't feel morally right. But thank you for the offer, Rogue." I smiled and went back to drinking my tea. We sat in pleasant silence, wind peacefully blowing by.