Chapter Fourteen

"Freeze, don't move or I'll shoot you," A familiar voice say.

"Why are you doing this Christabel?" I ask confused.

"I'm a Succubus and Incubi hunter but not just a normal hunter, I am the hunter who confirmed who the last member of Lascher royal bloodline is," she says moving behind me making sure that the gun is always aimed at me.

"You've known for a month why wait until now," I say.

"I had to wait until I could get you somewhere, where I could get your precious Guardians away from you. It had to be somewhat private. This was the perfect place simply because you were by yourself and they weren't attached to you every second," she tells me.

"I thought you were my friend but clearly not," I spit at her.

"March and make no mistake if you make one wrong move I will shoot you," she says placing the gun in my lower back.

I walk out of the room with millions of thoughts running through my head. Was our whole friendship a lie? Was she just pretending to be my friend? Was she just pretending to be my friend to keep me close because her family had a hunch and told her to? How do I get away without being shot? How do I signal the Guardians? Allthese thoughts and heaps more were running through my head as I walk out of the bathroom. I slowly and discreetly reach into my clutch, find a small remote and press it to activate the tracker that Claire placed in a bracelet for me to wear and the one she placed in the base of my heels. Christabel leads me around the edge of the room to the back door and through the backyard to the side gate. Once we are out of the yard, I see a dark van I stop. When I see the side door open, I see Christabel's mother and father sitting inside.

"Move," Christabel says, shoving me toward the van.

I quickly climb into the van and try to sit down in a corner, the minute I'm in the van someone grabs me from behind and roughly pushes me to the floor.

"Don't move," says a deep rough voice, putting a blindfold over my eyes.

Once the hood is over my head someone pulls me up so that I'm sitting against the side of the van wall on the floor. They then handcuff my hands in front of me.

"Throw out her phone," instructs the deep voice.

I hear something hit the ground and the engine start; I'm flung to the side as the car pulls out of the alley.

"You could put some seatbelts in you know," I say to nobody in particular. "Where are you taking me?"

"Shut up, I'm not going to tell you where we're going," says the deep rough voice.

I sit quietly and try to count the number of turns we take but lose count after fifteen, I just hope that Claire picks up the tracking devices signal. After half an hour, I feel the car pull off the main road to a dirt road. After ten minutes of bouncing around in the back I feel the car stop. Once the engine stops someone grabs my upper arm and roughly pulls me out of the back of the van.

"Walk. If you make any false move, I tell you not to make I'll shoot you," I hear the same deep voice say.

I walk where the guy leads me and am lead into a building, I am lead through a series of hallways, I hear a heavy door open, am shoved into the room and the blindfold removed. Someone shuts the door. I turn to look at the door and see that it has a section cut out with bars in it.

"When will Head Hunter Carsdale be arriving?" I hear the deep rough voice ask.

"William said he should be here in about three hours, Henry, she won't get away. The Guardians can't find her we threw out her phone and they have no other way to track her," says Christabel's father, James.

"We'll have to have someone on the door at all times," Says the guy named Henry.

"I'll put Hunter Morrison on the door," says James, I hear a set of footsteps walking away.

I slowly move over to the corner of the room, curl up into a ball and start sobbing. All I can think is I've lost one of my best friends. Please let Claire get the alert when I set off the trackers, please come and rescue me, I'm scared.

Just then I hear two sets of footsteps approaching, "Hunter Richards said that you wanted to see me, Hunter O'Neill," says a young female voice.

"Yes, I need you to keep guard of the Princess until Head Hunter Carsdale gets here," says Henry.

"Yes, sir," I hear the girls voice say and then a set of footsteps walking away.

I stay in the corner and rest my head on the stone wall; I sit there sobbing silently until I hear footsteps outside the door.

I hear the sound of a heavy wooden door opening I sit up straight, to see a young girl enter

"Stand up and turn around," she instructs me.

I stand up. She blindfolds me. I feel her grab my arm and roughly lead me through a set of hallways. When we finally stop, I feel like I'm outside. I'm lead across a sawdust covered floor and shoved to my knees. When I am lead into wherever they have me I can hear shouts and whoops of joy and then suddenly everything goes silent.