Chapter Nine

The next couple of weeks go by without incident. Just dance lessons, self-defense lessons, meetings with the king to make sure everything is going smoothly. Rehearsals continue so I know what to say, when to say it and when to kneel, how to walk properly. All appointments to get the cake made, appointments with the caterers to make sure that they have the menu I picked right, appointments to organize my hair and make up for the day, appointments to pick out the decorations for the Crowning hall get done I spend time hanging out with Josh so that I can have a friend who knows what I might be going through.

The more time I spend, the more with Josh, the more I feel myself falling in love with him and the more I feel the bond between us strengthen and try to forget about it.

I wake up on Thursday and am happy to have a day where I can finally just relax and do something that I want.

"Hey," Claire says walking in the door, fully dressed and ready for the day. "You better get ready we have to leave soon, or all the good dresses are going to be taken and I won't have anything nice to wear tomorrow night."

"I'm just about done but we also have to pick Lilyanna and Christabel," I mention to Claire. "By the way nobody who has gone to a dance with me has ever had a bad outfit,"

"What if there are no good dresses?" she asks concerned.

"Then I'll pick a dress that I can makeover, get the right jewelry and makeover the dress so that it looks good," I say while I brush my hair.

"Will you have enough time to make it over?" she asks seriously.

"I've been sewing since I was eight years old. I can make over a dress, but I'm thinking we get you a simple dress and play it up by adding some nice jewelry to it to make it pop," I suggest.

"I think I'd like that," she says, putting her shoes on.

"Okay, let's go I told the girls we would pick them up at nine," I say after putting my shoes on.

We walk down the stairs and meet Justin at the garage. Seeing us, he says hello, turns and walks us out to the car, opening the door for me to climb in and shutting the door behind me, before climbing in the front himself.

"Okay, so I know we are shopping today but are we picking anyone up?" he inquires as we start heading down the street.

"Yes, both Christabel and Lilyanna but they are both at Lilyanna's house. They had a sleepover last night, they asked me, but I told them I couldn't but that they should still have one without me," I say.

"Okay," he says heading toward Lilyanna's house.

"We also have to get you some dress pants, a dress shirt, a vest and a tie to wear tomorrow night. Since I'm guessing you'll be wearing your typical high tops so you can run if required," I state.

"You guessed right, I'll also need a jacket to conceal a weapon," he says.

"Kayla?" Claire says in a questioning voice drawing me from my conversation with Justin.

"Yeah, what is it?" I enquire.

"I can't wear heels tomorrow night in case something should happen. I also can't wear too much jewelry," she tells me.

"It's fine, I thought a plain necklace and a couple of hair clips for the jewelry and you can go with a pair of flats," I say helpfully as we pull up outside Lilyanna's house.

"Will that work?" she asks as the girls climb in.

"Hey, so what are we talking about?" Lilyanna asks from the other side of Claire.