Chase, Destiny and the Roman

I had just got done with the last test of the whole school year and I was just gonna unpack all my stuff from my locker.

I sat on the floor in the hallway of Sand Creek Middle School in Albany New York, trying to stuff all my stuff from my locker into my air force duffle bag.

Once in awhile people looked down at me and made weird faces or called me a hobo, for no real reason, just thought it was funny I guess.

The halls were now empty and I was alone, I pulled my duffle bag over my shoulder and stared for the main entrance. Then I heard things falling in the teachers lounge.

Curiosity took over me and I turned and walked toward the teacher's lounge.

I peaked through the small opening, there were three Hellhounds and an Empousa. I only know what they're called because I pay attention in history class.

The Empousa was just sitting on a sofa while her three Hellhounds bounced around the lounge.

I backed slowly away from the door, a wave of panic hit me 'What do I do, get a teacher? Call the police?' I thought to myself as I frantically looked around.

'What the heck Broox, no one's gonna believe you on this, they're gonna think you're a crazy guy that needs to go to a mental hospital' I thought.

I backed away a little more, tripping over my foot and falling to the ground, making a loud, thud, when my head hit the floor; all sound stopped. A pair of strong hands pulled me around the corner before I could react, one of them clasping tightly over my mouth.

A Hellhound burst through the lounge door and started to look for something. 'Probably me' I thought.

I looked up at the tall figure that had grabbed me. He was thin but muscled, his brown hair and clothes blending in with the shadows. "Shhh." he whispered, just loud enough for me to hear.

I looked around the corner. Now, the two other Hellhounds were out and slowly drifting toward us. He sighed, pushing me behind him.

"You just had to, didn't you?" he whispered, giving me a half smile.

Before I could respond, he drew two daggers and charged at them. He threw one of the daggers and it hit the first Hellhound between it's eyes. It howled loudly and dropped to the ground.

Before the second one could figure out what was going on, he stabbed it in it's chest, ripping the dagger back out and twirling it in his fingers. He didn't see the third one sneaking up behind him.

'C'mon Broox they're just big dogs...' I looked around the corner again 'Really big dogs...'

Just as the hellhound was about to attack the boy, I did the craziest thing I could think of. I jumped out from behind the corner, "SIT!" I yelled and the Hellhound sat.

It tried to attack again, "Stay..." I said calmly. It stayed and began to whine.

The boy turned and faced me, a grin plastered on his face. "You've got it in you eh?" he chuckled, stabbing the last Hellhound in it's chest.

"If the Empousa wanted it to kill me, she shouldn't have trained it first..." I said staring blankly at the piles of dust that once were Hellhounds.

He chuckled and sprinted back over to me, glancing around. "What were you doing here in the first place?" he asked quietly.

"I was just about to leave... " I said, looking up at him.

"Are there anymore?" he asked, peeking around the corner again.