in my dreams

Everything was blank but it wasn't dark, there was nothing for miles around, once in awhile I heard little whispers but they were very faint.

Then a little shadow began to form around me, my fingertips started to turn a very faint gray and little black strings came out of the shadow and connected with my finger tips.

The faint gray started turning black and began to spread, I felt my life slipping away, everything good in me disappearing.

I started to hear shouts but they were faint and muffled, three black figures appeared in the distance... but they were only black, they were running toward me as if I was in trouble but I remained deadly calm.

That is until the darkness spread all the way up to my shoulders and then up to my face, everything went black and I woke up.

But I didn't open my eyes, I heard Chase tell someone that he'd watch over me and I slowly opened my eyes.

I looked straight up at the ceiling, not looking anywhere else.

"Broox?" I heard Chase ask quietly.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"You alright?" he asked softly.

"No..." I said bluntly.

"What's wrong? Do you feel any pain anywhere?" he asked.

"No..."

I heard him release a relieved sigh.

I opened my mouth to say something but quickly closed my mouth again, I didn't want to bother him with stupid questions, that he most likely didn't have the answers to.

"What is it?" Chase asked. He must have seen me open my mouth.

"Nothing..." I mumbled under my breath.

Chase grew silent.

I looked at Chase with a troubled expression on my face.

Chase stared back, his eyes distant. He didn't say anything.

I sat up and looked down, "D-do you... think... my dad is worried about me?"

"I'm not sure. It depends on the parent." Chase said quietly.

I drew a shaky breath and glanced at Chase, careful not to make eye contact.

Chase avoided eye contact with me as well, his gaze directed at the door.

The door opened and Jocee came in. "Oh you're awake." she said, closing the door behind her.

Chase quickly looked away, looking down at the floor.

I looked at the door in surprise then looked at Chase with a questioning look.

"How are you feeling Broox?" asked Jocee.

I shrugged then looked down.

Chase said nothing, continuing to stare down at the floor to conceal his face.

"Hey don't talk all at once I'm too tired for that." she said, walking over to a corner and picked up a spear.

Chase stood up and walked out the door, shutting it softly behind him.

"Okay, well I guess I'm staying here to watch over you now." she said, sitting down on a chair beside the bed. "You should get some sleep."

I glanced at her then laid down but I didn't close my eyes.

"Is something bothering you?" she asked.

I shrugged and remained silent.

"Alright be that way." she said, leaning back in her chair.