9

A tear slipped out of my eye slowly, rolling down my cheek before hitting the ground. I stood still for a moment before realizing that I could use my phone! I reached into my bag looking for it to remember- I had left it in my car. "Damn it..." I ran a hand through my hair debating on if I should walk to the apartment or find a way to get to Garret's house.

I truly had no other options unless I decided to wait for a bus and visit my mother. I cringed at the thought, I really hated that lady. Suddenly, a car pulled up to the curb, the same audi from earlier. My heart leaped in joy as the window rolled down to reveal the face of exactly who I was expecting, Garret.

  "Stranded I see?.." He looked me up and down, raising both of his eyebrows as he looked at my hair. He then pushed open the door motioning for me to come in. I stepped inside and he locked the doors driving off, as we passed by the parking lot, I noticed Grey scowling. My heart clenched in my chest as I rolled up my window. "Things went wrong, Angel?" Garret turned to me, frowning. I instantly blushed because of the nickname and the reason why this all happened. I climbed into the car and relaxed.

"Um.. Yeah I guess.." I stared blankly out the window as Garret drove past the highway exit.

"We're going out.." He pointed his head towards two bags in the back from some expensive store. "You can change now or when we get there.." He smirked, "I've already seen it all so you've got nothing to-" I slapped his cheek, my face red in embarrassment.

"You're such a pervert! I-I'll change later.." I bit my lip and crossed my arms, staring out the window again. "You know you love it.." I could hear the smirk in his voice as he put his hand on my thigh, stopping the car. I opened my mouth to complain but didn't because when I turned around to face him, a man pointed a gun at his head through the window.

My eyes went wide in fright and I screamed. Garret's hand squeezed my thigh, his thumb rubbing along the side. "Shh.. It's ok baby, it'll be alright.. Just.. Give me a second.." He opened the door to his side of the car. He then climbed out and shut it behind him. The man and him seemed to have a short argument before they broke out into a fight. Garret grabbed the man by his arm, the gun shot off toward the trees before Garret took it and flung it across the concrete. The man pulled a knife out of his pocket and sliced it across Garret's arm. I turned away, tears forming in my eyes as the man went to attack once more... But, a gunshot rang out.

I turned back slowly to see Garret walking back to the car, blood spattered on his shirt. He climbed into the car and I felt my heart stop as I noticed the man laid still on the concrete, his gun on his chest. "G-G.. D-Di... Did you k-kill him?!" I watched as he pulled off his shirt, reaching over me to grab a bottle of rubbing alcohol. He handed it to me, pushing his shirt into his mouth, He then gestured to the bottle and his arm. I gasped at the amount of blood that was leaking out of it. The cut was the length of his forearm. He rolled his eyes pushing his arm toward me a bit.

"Fine fine!" I bit my lip, pouring a small amount on his arm. He howled in pain, his eyes closed. I couldn't help but stare at his angelic features, but he suddenly opened his eyes and I blushed.

"Ah.. So you're a sadist I see? In love with my face of pain?" He chuckled and I pushed his arm away, being sure not to touch thr wound. "Guess not.." He revved up the car and started to drive, but we went over an un-usual bump. "Guess I didn't move the body far enough.." He sighed loudly and got out of the car, dragging the body off to the side of the road. I took this as an opportunity to get out as well and run the hell away.

I threw my heels off, sprinting toward the nearby forestry. "Lily!" He called, running toward me. "It's not what you think!" He continued shouting reassurances at me, but I kept running. "I had no choice!!" He started to catch up. I felt my legs slow down as I started running out of breath. I stopped, placing my hands on my knees before collapsing onto the mossy floor. My feet were bruised and cut, I guess I ignored the pain out of fear. I suddenly realized I was crying - No, it was raining.