18

Niall stared at the white board, trying to understand whatever the heck was going on in the algebra class but he was just so damn clueless. He had been lost in his thoughts all day and even though Algebra was the last period of the day, Niall just couldn't find it in himself to pay attention to it. There was just so much going through his head. He was worried about where him and Liam stood. At lunch break, he had decided that they hadn't exactly broken up. Liam had just told him to call when he was ready, which just meant that they were probably on a little break. The thought calmed Niall down but he felt like he was being used. Was he though? Liam had been nothing but kind to him. He had even stopped when Niall told him too. So what it did matter if Liam was going around with other people? He probably didn't love them like he loves Niall. 

Secondly, he was thinking a bit about Zayn as well. The tanned Pakistani wasn't taking up all his mind and heart but he was still there in a small corner, coming out suddenly and then going back to the corner. Niall couldn't help but wonder whether saying goodbye to Zayn was a good choice or not. Since Liam had told him to call whenever he was ready, it meant that Niall had to prepare himself for the intimate part of their relationship. Which just meant that he needed Zayn to teach him. But over time, his relationship with Zayn wasn't just restricted to the sexual part of things. Zayn had somehow managed to become Niall's friend and now the blonde felt guilty about just parting with the older man like that. And thinking rationally about it during a boring algebra class just made him realize how much of a fool he had been. 

"Are you not going to take the notes?" The small whispering voice made Niall's head fall off the palm of his hand. He watched the long haired brunette chuckle at the action before glancing at Niall's empty notebook. The blonde smiled at the taller lad. 

"I-I'm not. I d-don't know what's going on." He blushed furiously, his legs bouncing up and down under the desk. Harry Styles, Niall had remembered the name well, was probably one of the most beautiful humans he had ever seen. Niall felt a deep feeling of jealousy in the pit of his stomach as he watched Harry's full lips curve into a small. He automatically started comparing the brunette with himself, pointing out mentally all the flaws in his own body to how perfect Harry looked. 

"Well you can take my notes. Even though I'm a new student, I still know what's happening. I learned all of this back in France." The boy passed Niall a dimpled smile, making the Irishman frown because damn, those dimples were all he needed to feel a bit more pathetic about himself. It wasn't a strong emotion but Niall just didn't like how Harry was out of the world beautiful. It was stupid that he was even thinking about such things. "I'm Harry by the way. Harry Styles." 

"Niall Horan." The blonde whispered, glancing at the wall clock as he heard the loud bell ring, signalling that school was over for the day. Him and Harry shook hands before getting collecting their books. Niall sighed to himself, knowing that he would have to  walk all the way back home since there was no Louis to drop him back home. He hoped his best friend was alright and immediately felt guilty for having ignored him a little. There were times when Niall just didn't want to talk to people and those were times when he even such his friends and family out. He knew Louis wouldn't particularly mind, the feathery brunette had known Niall for such a long time after all. He was practically a part of Niall's life, a part of Niall's family. 

"Um..I know this is going to sound incredibly stupid," Harry started, pushing his curls back. "But do you want me to walk you home?" Niall cocked an eyebrow at the question, turning around to scoff at the brunette. 

"No I don't want you to walk me home." The blonde shook his head, proceeding towards his locker to shove all his books into the small bag pack before shutting the red locker close. He checked his phone for messages, mentally debating whether he should ask his mother to pick him up from school but that sounded unfair considering Maura hardly every got any time to rest. Greg was not an option and with Louis gone MIA, and Liam and him being on a little break, Niall really didn't have any other choice than to walk for solid fifteen minutes towards his home. He sighed, putting his bag pack over his shoulder and walking quickly out of the school doorways once he noticed the Harry kid following behind him.