Memory

Jess's POV.

"Um...Jess, seriously?"

"Little sister, do you want a punch to da face?" Jesse said as he balled up his fists.

"Ay I was just joking!" I laughed. Jesse nudged Lukas to move forward.

"Um, Jess, could I talk to you for a sec?"

I nodded and Jesse left the room. We sat down on the couch.

"Jess, be careful of Aiden."

"Um...yeah? I'm always aware of him."

"No, I mean, if you see him anywhere, tell either Jesse or me."

"Okay...? What's wrong Lukas?"

He just stared at the floor, not saying anything.

"Well, whatever it is, I'll be on guard. You don't have to worry, okay?"

He seemed happy to have heard this. "Yeah."

"Anyways, me and my bro are doing some hunting today. Care to join?" I asked.

"Oh, sure!"

After a few minutes we got ready to head out. Jesse was still slowly wesring his iron armor.

"Brother, we better hurry! You know when the cows finish the grass, they walk away and it's very hard to find them."

"Okay! Just wait jeez."

In the forest...

"Hey! I found some bones from the skeleton!" Lukas shouted. We ran over to his side.

"Awesome! Axel will love this." I said.

"Well, you guys wanna do mining? Or maybe just walk around the forest."

"I rather walk around than risk myself to go into that cave." Lukas said, playing with his sword.

"I'm on Lukas' side." I said.

"Well then, I'll let you two love birds walk around while I go mining. Oh and by the way, don't go too far."

I blushed and shouted, "We're just close friends. It's not what you're thinking!"

Jesse made a ٩(♡ε♡ )۶ face and ran off into the mines.

"L-Lukas don't b-believe what he said..." I stammered, and blushed even more.

"Hey...no worries. I w-wasn't gonna believe it e-either..."

We walked for a while, chatting about our daily lives. Then we sat down on a green lawn and looked at the sky. It was still noon, but the clear, blue sky was beautiful.

"Hey...Jess?"

"Yeah?"

"Well...I actually want to say that I really like living with you guys. Although I've only been in the house for a hours, I felt like this is my home."

"Wow...that's pretty nice to hear."

He lied down on the lawn and closed his eyes.

"It should be, since I'm praising ya."

I hit him in the elbow and we laughed. I actually...kinda like this guy. He's cute, funny....

Woah STAPH.

Timeout Jess timeout.

He's just a really close friend. And even if I told him what I really felt about him...nah, he won't like me either.

"Well, better be careful these days. The mysterious killer case hasn't been solved." Lukas reminded me. "And I don't want to see you hurt."

I felt happy about him saying that. It's like...the feeling when someone really cares about you.

"You too, you never know when he or she will strike."

"True. But then we must also protect everyone. Even that evil bro of yours." He joked.

"Aw come on, he isn't that bad. I still love him." I stared off into the distance, remembering the times when we were small, playing...then...the greifers....

My face turned as dark as nether bricks and looked down.

"Jess? Is something wrong?"

"I... gotta go."

"Okay...wait!"

I was already running into the forest. Just thinking about Lukas' (childhood) death made me cry. I found a place to sit down and relax.

"Oh ho? Who do we have here?"

I turned around, and saw someone quite familiar. Hmm...yep. It was Aiden.

"Now what do you want." I said, with no mood whatsoever.

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted you to see...this!"

I felt a pain in my head, then everything blacked out.

Aiden's POV. (Short)

"Ok...Potion of Weakness.....Potion of Harm...Potion of Poison. That should do it."

I smirked and dragged Jesse to my home. She was so much heavier than before.

Let's see what you're gonna do...Lukas.

Lukas' POV.

It's been half an hour. Sun is almost down. Where's Jess?

"Jess?" I said as I wandered around the forest. She couldn't have got in too deep.

"Hey, Lukas?" It was Jesse. He waved his pickaxe at me and ran towards me.

"Where's Jess? Is she with you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I'm finding her. You come along too." I said hurriedly.

We agreed and ran off to find Jess. But what if she's been caught by mobs? What's gonna happen to her? I'm so worried now...

Time skip to night

We've been walking for hours, and still couldn't find her. Jesse suggested that we go home and tell the others, but I refused. I only want to find Jess.

I came by a tree that had something weird below it. It was a... enchanted stick?

"Woah." Jesse looked at the stick, surprised. "It had a Punch and Kncokback enchantment. Whoever got hit by this must have been really beaten down."

I kneeled over to find more clues. There was liquid...in red? Not too much, just a few drops.

"The grass looked like it has been walked on. Let's follow it." I was going to follow the track when....

"Hey Lukas."

Aiden?

"Are you looking for her?" Behind Aiden emerged a scared Jess, who kept holding in to Aiden.

"Jess! I'm so glad I found you!" I rushed to her, but she gave me a cood look.

"Who...are you?"

Finally an update :)