We Were Seperated

Years Later.

Lukas' POV.

"Hey! Watch where you splash, Jess!"

"Haha! You can run but cannot hide! Grr!!" (Sorry if this triggers some people...)

We were at the town's famous water park, playing and splash each other away. I suggested this place for our date, and good thing Jess agreed.

"Lukas! Let's ride on that water slide! It looks tall and scary!" She jumped eagerly and pointed at the giant slide that was 50 meters in the air.

I turned pale and said, "Are you sure? It's r-really tall...."

"It'll be nothing! Come on!" Jess skipped happily to the direction of the slide.

I still had that worry in my heart. What if something happens to her? What if my girlfriend gets hurt?

I pushed that thought away and followed Jess. She always has a good reason why she wants to do things. If she's going, I won't object.

"Lukas come on! I'll sit in the front, and you sit at the back." Jess said as she grabbed a float for two person.

Me and her got on the float and waited for the lifeguard to signal.

"Go!"

The water suddenly rushed behind us, and we were speeding downwards at 100000km per hour.

The we had a sudden turn, which caused me to hit my head.

"Ouch!!"

"Lukas you okay?"

"Yeah.....woah!"

There was light ahead of us, and that's when I saw the big drop. So the beginning was just a small drop?!

"Get ready!" Jess shouted excitedly and put her hands up.

"AHHHH!!!" I screamed. I held on to Jess as we dropped down. But in the process of falling, I could see the view outside. People were walking around, playing different kinds of slides and rides. The sun was also shining down right at us, and I could feel the warmth of it.

"Woohooo!" Jess shouted as we finally hit the ground. We made a big splash that couldn've caused a tsunami.

After we got off the float, Jess asked, "Was it fun?"

I don't know whether I should object, or agree. So I said, "It was kinda fun and really, really exciting." That was the truth, because once I saw the view, I didn't feel scared anymore.

Jess' expression the turned to worried. "Your head..."

I gave her a look of confusion and touched my head. Oh...right. I hit my head.

I smiled to make her feel better. "It's okay. Just a small bump."

She looked down, and placed her hands at the back. "I shouldn't have let you ride that. I just wanted to make you come over your fear of heights."

"No worries Jess. I have been through a lot worse." I said, pointing at my knee.

She perked up and nodded. "Oh...right."

After the ride we decided to just play in the pool or sit on short rides. I was enjoying every minute of it, because I'm with her.

Time skip to evening...

I grabbed her hand and pulled her down to the beach.

"Lukas? Why are we coming here? You said you need to go early..."

"Just follow me."

Jess listened, and I let go of her hand once we reached the place. The white sand was smooth, and the sea was as clear as crystals. But the most amazing thing was the sunset. Yellow-ish orang-ish colours filled the sky, and it was surely breathtaking.

"Wow..." Was the first thing that came out of her mouth.

"Great, isn't it?"

She nodded enthusiasticly. I sat down and gestured for her to sit next to me.

Once we sat down, she asked, "Hey, why did you take me here?"

"I just wanted to enjoy this with you." I gave her a small peck on her cheek, which made her giggle.

"Haha, wonder what will happen if another guy does that to me..."

I looked at her in confusion in fright, which made her laugh even more.

"That face of yours is so hilarious!" Jess doubled over as I knocked her head.

"Don't ever say that. I don't want to see another guy next to you." I said seriously.

"Lol, okay. I was just kidding." Jess made a face at me.

We sat there in silence for a while, until she said again, "You still remember those times?"

"When we were little?"

"Yeah. Running around, playing with blocks, gazing at stars..." She lied on my lap.

"Good times...too bad we were away for so long..."

Jess placed her hand on my cheek and turned my head around. "But we're here now, right?"

I nodded, and pulled her in to a kiss. It was short, and sweet. When we broke apart, we stared at each other's eyes.

"We were separated..." I said.

"...but we got back together." She finished.

The end.