Necklace

The following chapter is inspired by Noragami.

Lukas' POV.

"Some colouring...and...done!"

I created a small art book from what me and Jess did together. This should he enough to return her memories...I think.

I placed it in my inventory and went out of the treehouse to look for her. I called out to her, while walking in the forest.

Then, I saw her. She was holding a basket, and seemed to be hunting for animals.

"Hey, Jess! I have something to show you--"

She turned around, and drew out her golden sword. She looked shocked and afraid.

"S-Stay away!"

"What? Jess look..."

"Aiden told me you were the one who kidnapped me. And you were the one who washed away what I could remember!"

Although she said those words with confidence, I could see that in her eyes, she doesn't trust me or Aiden.

"Jess...calm down. Did Aiden tell you that?"

She nodded, sword still in hand.

"Well, all I could say is, I didn't kidnap you, nor did I wash away your memories. You've got to trust me. Aiden is trying to make you his!"

She seemed confused, but lowered her sword. Jess sighed and kept it back in her inventory.

"I might trust you, but I'm still not letting my guard down."

"Fine by me. Come on, I need to show you something."

We found a shady place to sit, and I took out the art book. Every time I said one of the things that happened, I turned the page to let her see what it was like.

"Ahem, so, these are the things we did when Aiden hasn't brainwashed you. Firstly, we bumped into each other in Endercon, and that's how we first met."

"There was also fire in Endercon, and your brother helped us to call the firemen."

"Then, you and your brother went mining, and found me and Aiden, trapped in a cave. You saved me, and treated my wounds."

"That night, I told you the truth about the Ocelots, that they were mean and nasty. Aiden was their leader. You comforted me, and... that was when I looked up to you even more."

"We went hunting with your brother the next day, and we were watching the view from a small hill. All of a sudden, your face went dark and you ran off into the woods. That's...when I lost you."

I turned to the last page, which revealed the picture of me and her, sitting together and enjoying the amazing view.

As soon as I finished, Jess nodded and gave me a smile.

"Thanks, but...I seem to only remember a bit. Now that I know that Aiden isn't what he really seems, I think I could..."

Thwack.

Jess suddenly fell forward, and collapsed in front of me. I rushed to her side to help, but was blocked off by an arrow.

"No touchy touchy here, Lukas." Aiden appeared behind her and clutched a stick to his chest. It was glowing, with some sort of enchantment on it.

"Aiden?! How could you? What...why...?!"

"If the truth's told too early, you'll won't be enjoying the fun. For now, try to make her remember. Your chance of that is gonna be slim to none."

Aiden carried her bridal style and walked away. I picked up the book she dropped and dusted it.

Did Aiden just do that? Did he really use a enchanted stock and hit my girlf-

Woah, timeout Lukas. She doesn't even know you, anymore. But...there must be some way I can help her.

I decided to think about it when I get back to the treehouse. Maybe Jesse can give me some ideas.

"Jesse? I was wondering if you could-"

"Lukas? Come on I need to show you something."

He showed me the way to Jess' room and opened her drawer. But...he stopped.

"Ok, first...tell me. Did you have a...little childhood friend when you were young?"

Was that a coincidence...?

"Um...yeah...why?"

He looked even more stunned and took out something from the drawer.

"I...found this...Lukas."

He held up a necklace with a diamond on it. On the diamond, it had the name 'Jesse'.

Pretty short chapter sry (ーー;)