Don't You Remember?

Lukas' POV.

"W-What? J-Jess it's me..."

"Jesse, you shouldn't talk to strangers." Aiden said as he placed an arm around her. Although Jess could have really dislike it, she seemed comfortable with him.

"Aiden, do you know him?" Jess asked.

"Me? Oh, close friends. But, broke apart because of some reasons. Boy stuff."

I clenched my fists and so wanted to punch that guy. What has he done to Jess?

"Anyways, we should get going. Jess?"

Jess happily took her hand and they skipped away. I stood there, angry, shocked, and wanted to cry.

I walked away from the scene, brushing past Jesse. He too, was too stunned to move.

Time skip to morning

I woke up in the couch, with my pillow soaked in tears. I know it isn't like she's my girlfriend or something, but I felt really sad that she had forgotten about me.

I sighed and went to look for Jesse. There's something I want to ask him.

I saw him drinking coffee at the balcony.

"Jesse?"

"Hey."

His tone seemed serious and depressed.

"Does Jess remember you?" I got straight to the point.

"...yeah. But she doesn't remember much about me. She only knows I'm her brother, that's it."

"Ah... okay..."

He placed his coffee mug on the railing. It was empty. "Listen...Aiden did something to her. Maybe brainwashed her. Or something. I don't know. But the thing is, you're the cause. You must have made Aiden jealous that you're closer to her. That's why he..."

He frowned and stared deeply into me.

"So...you're mad at me?" I was shivering in fear.

He sighed loudly and closed his eyes. "What else can I do? Getting mad or sad won't help. The only solution is to find out how to make her remember."

He then placed a hand on my shoulder. "Please...bring Jess back."

Wind blew furiously, and the mug fell off the railing, smashing to the ground.

Jess's POV.

I don't...know.

The only person I know is my boyfriend, Aiden. When I woke up, he was there, and he explained everything. He said some bandits kidnapped me and he came to save me.

Aiden also said he was my boyfriend, and we were in very good terms.

Although, I don't feel like that around him. I feel something else. Like I'm not even close to him. He also said I have a brother with the same name as me.

"Jess~? Are you ready for our walk?"

I got up from my bed and answered, "Yeah!"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
We were walking along the pavement, holding hands and lots of people were around.

"Jess? Can you promise me something?"

"Yeah. Anything?"

"Stay away from Lukas. He's one of the bandits."

I paused and thought about it. Is it true?

"Really?"

"Yeah. I saw him. He was the leader as well. He's cruel, vicious, and very stubborn." He said seriously.

"...okay then."

"Great! Now let's eat. You've brought the sandwiches?"

I nodded and opened the basket. We sat down on a grassy field and enjoyed our meal. And Aiden really enjoyed it.

He stuffed everything in his mouth, and drank water so quick he almost choked. Some people were looking at him, but he just scared them off with weird faces.

I rolled my eyes.

If he was really my boyfriend, the past me had done a huge mistake.

Lukas' POV.

Something... something to make Jess remember.

Okay...the time we were at Endercon? We bumped into each other, and her team won. Yeah, she'll probably remember that.

The mining incident? I hurt my knee and she helped me aid it. That was the time where I had a crush on her. (Too fast?)

That small accident where I opened her door? Nah.

That's all of what I can remember. Maybe I could chat with her, then she will know something familiar?

Ughhhh!! I yelled in my brain. I feel so hopeless. What if she doesn't remember at all? I'll lose a great friend. I'll lose her.

"Lukas?" Someone knocked at the trapdoor. I got up and answered it.

It was Olivia.

"Hey Lukas. I know something's been rough. Jesse told me. How are you?"

I gestured for her to get in, and explained everything that's on my mind. Hopeless, sadness.

"Well, if I were you, I'll try my best to regain her memory. Maybe do a little recap of what you two did? Like note it down or draw it out?"

"Hmm...yeah. Okay. Maybe I'll try something out." I answered. After a small chat Olivia went to find Axel for any updates about Jess.

I went to Jess' room. (Jesse isn't in there.) And went to her table. Does she have art supplies...

Once I found the materials I need, I sat down and got to work.

"I'll return your memories, Jess."