Let's Talk The Day Away ...

I walked into the library with a book in hand.

“Good afternoon, Mrs. Ruth.” The Librarian whispered to me.

I nodded at her in a greeting notion before I went to the very back corner of the library, which has been where I've been coming every day for the past year. It’s the one place that no one bothers me. Maybe it had to do with the fact that it was all the way in the back and is tucked away behind some  book shelves. Never the less, it was just a nice, silent place in the library that had a couch in which I always found myself going to sit on during lunch time.

When I reached the brown sofa, I sat down and opened my book.

“Psst, Skyla!” I looked to my side and saw Rosia with a handful of books in her hand. “Can you help me?” She asked.

I gave her a questioning look. “With what?” I asked closing my book and staring up at her.

“Well … um … you see I might have been a helping hand in a prank … in the end the Dean made me be an assistant to the Librarian …”

“Okay...,” I said wondering what she wanted from me.

“Can you help me put these books up? You know the library better than me,” She stated.

I opened my book back up. “No can do, this is your punishment.," I replied.

Rosia glared at me. “Okay, fine, be that way … karma will bite you back.” She huffed and walked away.

I got through a page of my book, when I saw someone sit down next to me.

“I am not helping you, Rosia.” I said not looking up from my book. I heard a deep chuckle, and my eyes instantly looked up at … him! The guy I met on the first day!

He smirked at me and a blush found its way to my cheeks.

“What are you reading?” He asked me as he bent down to  try to read the cover.

“M-murder Avenue,” I stated trying not to shudder.

He nodded. “I love that author, Sarah Williston,” he stated.

I wanted to tell him that was my favorite too, but I just nodded and acted like I was reading. How could I read though? When he was sitting right next to me, with a leather jacket, maroon shirt and dark jeans.

 I wanted to ask him what book of hers is his favorite? What other books has he read? Is he currently reading something? But, the words didn’t come out as I allowed and an awkward silence to fall over us.

“I like her book, Captured by Fate, it reminds me of my life sometime,” he stated in a low voice.

Captured by Fate is about a guy who is very rich and everything he wants is at his finger tips. Well, at least everyone thinks he has everything he wants. To everyone he is like the king of the world, so to say. But, no one knows that his parents are dead and he has no family left, no true friends, and he just has an empty mansion that he can't even sleep in because it is always to silent for him ... The guy ends up falling for this girl, who is poor. In the end, the girl dies and he kills himself in hopes he will find himself with her once again.

It’s kind of like a Romeo and Juliet remake.

“S-so y-you-r-r rich?” I asked in the middle of my train of thought. At first, I didn’t even think I said that, but when he looked at me, I knew I had said that out loud.

“…Well … err … um ... n-no.” He said. “I-I am here on a scholarship.” He stated with a smile. For some reason, I thought he was lying but maybe it was just me. “Are you rich?” He asked.