Chapter 11

Olives POV ( point of view )

Most of Dominic's lower body is covered in ice, stopping him from moving at all. I watch him attempt to use his powers but nothing happens. The other girls high-five, happy with their success.

"Well, well, well. I guess we've won, eh? What are you going to do now Olive?" Tiffany questions me, sitting herself down at her desk. I sigh and think about accepting my defeat. I get up from my bed and walk towards Dominic, who is still frozen.

"I don't know what to do." I whisper to him. He doesn't look very hopeful either.

"I would help but I can't get out. I don't know how." He says back to me, struggling.I turn around very slowly to face the girls.

"Ok, we give up." I say and motion towards the door. They all look up and grin. "I'm sorry Clover." I think to myself.

Meanwhile, in the bathroom...
Clovers POV

I attempt for the millionth time to reach the window but I fail again, falling back onto the floor. By this point, most of my energy is gone and the bruise on my butt is slowly growing.

Why has my first week of school going like this? It wasn't like I was asking for trouble in this school. If only I wasn't put in Tiffany's, Mia's and Rebecca's dorm, I would've done fine.

I glance back up to the window. But deep down, I realise that I have no choice but to use my powers. If I want to get out of this stuffy bathroom, I have to.

I think about all the terrifying nightmares I'll have tonight in a result of me using my powers. Of people dying, such as my parents and maybe even the new friends I made this week. But I have to do it, I need to do it.

I hold my hands out in front of me, trembling with fear. I haven't used my stronger powers in such a long time that I've forgotten how to activate them or if they'll even work. I focus deep down, praying for it to work.

I close my eyes and think. Think of my past and what has happened to me. Getting adopted and living through my life with nightmares several times in a night, having to find my way to get through life without showing anyone my powers.

I open my eyes and hope that something has happened but I get nothing. But now I've realised that I have to go deeper into my past. The darker time in my past. To the time my parents died. I take a deep breath in, preparing myself for what I have to do next.

I squeeze my eyes shut and think deeper into my childhood. The demon stabbing my parents, making them fall to the floor.

Seeing them take their last breaths as blood spills out of them

Them dead on the cold, hard rubble. And I was all alone.

Burying their dead bodies.

Never seeing them ever again.

A vision or a dream ( ooooo )

"Are you sure its going to work? Will we really kill her?"A person asks. I look around where I am. A rope is going around me, tying my body to a chair.

"Yes, it has to be done. And if we don't kill that girl, she'll just come back with more allies." A woman says, standing at a large podium. My heart quickens as I realise what is going on.

They both peer down at me. No emotion is seen from their faces.

"Ok, master. Guards! Take her away to the Dragon Room. And then after, kill the rest!" The first person orders pointing directly at me. I only then notice the several people behind me, all also tied to chairs.