Chapter 3

Clover's POV

And that was how I got adopted by Penels. Of course growing up with them was going to be a little different from how vampires should grow up but, I'll get used to it.

At least that's what I thought.

As I'm a vampire, living with another species was going to be difficult. It all started with the bottle. It gets filled up with milk, the plastic noble goes into the mouth and then the milk goes in. Easy right? Not so easy for an Vampire.

As a child, if the fangs get touched, they will attack on their own to protect the baby. So, the noble of the bottle goes in, touches the teeth and what happens? The bottle get rips to shreds. It took them a while to figure out what to do but, in the end it came to the straw. Dominic would feed it through my mouth, careful not to touch the fangs while mum squirts milk. It did work, most of the time. No one got hurt, thankfully.

The nights as a baby were different from most people. I would have sickening nightmares, once a week. I would scream and scream till sun rise. At times my screams would get so loud they would have to put a shield around the house so no one can hear. Some nights, I would rip my blanket to a million pieces. Dominic would have to hold me while I scream and squirm. It worried him so much to see me like that, so he done it every time.

But in the morning, I wouldn't remember a thing about the nightmare. I always knew when I had one because of the worry on Dominic's face when he woke me up. I would then apologise for scaring him and promise to never do it again. But it never stopped.

I started primary ( elementary ) when I was 7. Everyone had powers except me, but thank god they didn't suspect me being a vampire. But, after me having a nightmare that night, it would haunt me about what happened. Trying to remember  what happened?

I would look at the other children's necks, thinking about what kind of blood do they have? Or will they become a vampire if I bite them?

Because of my bright green eyes and pale skin, I got teased a lot by the older kids. Dominic would try and make them stop as most of them were in his class, but they didn't listen. They just kept kicking and pushing me until I would cry.

But one terrible time, I snapped. This one boy, punched me in the mouth so my fangs shooting out. I lost control of my mind. I lunged myself at him, digging my fangs into his neck. Once he was unconscious, I let go of him.

The whole school was watching by that point. Realising I was a monster. The boy got sent to hospital and had to have a load of operations. He lived, barely.

But, I caused such a commotion that I had to transfer schools. No one liked me there any way so I didn't mind much. But this one didn't have my brother in so no one could protect me.

Unfortunately, they found out immediately that I was a vampire. They looked up about my past history, finding that I nearly killed a boy. Knowing this they forced me to use my powers. People these days are stupid, but I guess that's how they are.

I managed not to hurt any of them, even when they burned arm with a match and shoved vinegar into my face. It was hard, getting through the vinegar bit but I was able to control it.

As I got older the nightmares got worse. This time I would remember them, exactly how it went, from start to finish. I would have them 4 times a week and the next day, I would be traumatised from what happened. I would stare at a blank wall, thinking.

Family, Doctors and therapists would ask me what were they about? My answer every time was, family. The first scene was of my mama and papa. Of them being stabbed by the demon. A bit like a memory. But then it would carry on, to other family like mum and Dominic. The ending made me scream the most. It was me, with a knife going through my neck.

I would wake up then, and Dominic and mum would know it's safe to come in the room. Sometimes they would have things with them such as a bottle or a teddy to calm me down.

The shield for the screams didn't work anymore. They were too loud that they would break it. Also, Dominic couldn't hold me because I would punch him till he's unconscious. Though that has happened before, and I remember seeing him, on the sofa, with an ice pack to his face and a needle going into his arm.

I cried and cried that day, begging that he won't touch me again while I'm having a nightmare. He still does it, at least once every 6 months, but I can't bear it.

Now I'm starting secondary school soon, I won't have Mum to help me in the morning with my dreams or Dominic to stop people teasing me. The school I'm going to is a boarding school, that my mum works at. Dominic does go there but it's such a big school, that I'll won't see him much.

My only hope that is I make a friend. Mum will try and pair me up with someone but I doubt it will work. I'm sure to make a few enemies, if they find out I'm a vampire.

But, hopefully they wont.

**********************************

Hey! Who had a good half term? I'm actually going back Tuesday, not today as it's an inset day!

Did you guys like this chapter? Sorry it's a bit short but I didn't really know what else to put. I loved thinking of past things that could've happened to clover.

I've got Options evening this week 😁😭 followed a week after by parents evening 😑 helppppp. I'm planning to take: Textiles, German, Geography and my last one I can't decide between Music, ICT or Child development. Any one who took them?

See you next week 😘
~Charlotte~