The Nightmare

VIOLENCE WARNING!!!!!

Haru POV:

When I woke up the next morning, I was tightly pressed against Rin's chest. He's holding the curve of my back to his stomach with one hand, and the other was in my hair, keeping my ear close to his heart.

I return Rin's firm embrace. No amount of time with him is enough... Not 10 minutes later, Rin wakes up.

"Good morning Haru." He half-smiles at me, but he fidgets and seems nervous and cautious around me. All in all, he just seems a little off.

"Morning." I studied his face for any further signs of what was troubling him. And then I remember last night...

My eyes welled up as the horrible images all flooded my brain. I try with all my might to keep the tears from falling, but it's no use. I'm once again crying in Rin's arms.

"So you remembered the dream huh?" I nodded my head while trying to stop the sobs. Rin held my hand and rocked me back and forth. "Are you ready to tell me what happened? I won't push you if you can't talk about it right now... But I'm worried about you Haru!"

I know he hates seeing me cry. I hate seeing him cry too... So I pull myself together and slowly start to calm down.

After a little while longer, I was sitting in front of Rin preparing myself to speak. I was going to tell him what I dreamed the previous night. The nightmare that sent me into hysterics. The illusional death of my beloved Rin...
__________________________

"Well... It started like a normal dream. We were sitting in the park eating a picnic under the Sakura trees. The one we carved with "For The Team" before you went to Austrailia sat to our left, and we kept glancing at it with smiles. We'd planned on swimming in the lake when we were done eating, so when you finished, you started walking toward the water. I wasn't done yet so I was still sitting down.Then this group of guys in black masks came out from the bushes..."

I paused and took a deep breath. "Just as I got up from the blanket, I saw them attack you from behind. They held a rag over your face and you passed out. Then they stuffed you in the trunk of a car. I ran after them, but they caught me first... I was given the same treatment..."

Rin had stayed absolutely silent this long. The next part is the worst... I was having trouble speaking at this point.

"T-Then... When I woke up, I saw you... tied to a chair in the middle of an all-white room. (Breathes deeply) Y-You were surrounded by the masked people. One of them had a knife, and the rest watched. The next thing I know... I hear a blood-curtling scream and see red liquid spill to the floor..." I stopped talking and gulped loudly. I had been avoiding Rin's gaze this whole time.

"I tried to run to you. I pushed and pulled, but I couldn't free myself from the bindings holding me to the wall... I kept hearing screams, sobs, and wet sounds coming from your direction. I glanced over and saw... It was everywhere... The ground was completely stained red... I couldn't do anything... And just like that, your head fell backwards at an impossible angle. I met your eyes..."

"They were cold, and lifeless... You were tortured and killed right in front of me... The men came towards me, but stopped. They looked at my sobbing face and laughed. They dropped your limp body at my feet and left the room..." I could barely speak and I was shaking wildly...

After waiting to see if I was finished, Rin reached out to me and held my chin up to look at his face.

"Listen to me... I will never leave you Haruka. Never! I'll stay by your side and cherish you forever. No masked men are going to attack me, or you. Because we are one. We're together now and I don't plan on ever letting you go. EGot it?"

He stares at me with his bright red eyes. I nod and hug him. He lifts me up, and kisses me deeply. Then pushes me onto my back and lays down on top of me...