4: Knotted Curls

I looked around not recognizing my surroundings.    

"Where the hell- Ow!" I winced in pain. "Why does my head hurt so fucking much?" I muttered.  

"About time you woke up, eh." a quiet voice said.

I turned to see Matthew in the doorway.

"How the hell did I get here?" I asked quietly not wanting to make my head hurt worse.

"Well I don't know the full story but I do know that you walked to my house around 11:00 at night completely drunk." Matthew sighed only making his voice seem more shushed.

I winced in pain once again.

"If you want me to I could get you some pancakes. I made some just a little bit ago before Ivan had to go to work," he smiles.

"No, but grazie anyway." I sighed standing up and stretching.

"Do you want me to give you a ride home?"

"No, I would rather walk. The fresh air might help." I say starting to walk out of the room still fully dressed from yesterday.

"If you are sure," Matthew said stepping aside letting me through.

"Oh, and thank you pancake bastard, for letting me stay here for the night," I grumbled.

"It was no problem, eh. But you should really be thanking Ivan. He knew you were drinking Vodka and knew what to do."

"Well, in that case, can you tell him grazie for me. As much as the Vodka bastard scares me he can be helpful." I sighed.

With that, I left. On a usual day, I wouldn't have minded the loud people or the busy street flooded with cars. But today as I walked outside into the blazing sun, I regretted not letting Matthew drive me home. I tried to keep my mind distracted from the loud city by trying to figure out what happened last night and how I would murder the wine and potato bastards.

After of a couple minutes of failing to remember and planning the perfect murder. I finally made it to my apartment complex. As soon as I walked inside I was tackled into a hug.

"Fratello! You're OK! I was afraid something bad happened to you! I'm so glad you are OK!" the person on top of me screamed, which I soon realized it was just Feliciano.

"First of all, get the fuck off of me. Second, be quiet, my head is killing me." growled quietly so my head wouldn't hurt anymore.

Feli quickly gets off of me and then offers to help me up. I grumble something before getting up on my own.

"Fratello? Are you OK?" the smaller Italian asked with a concerned look in his eyes.

"I'm fine Fratellino. And don't worry about me, I'm not going to leave you. You're stuck with me and I am stuck with you." I smile weakly.

"I know Fratello. After all, you are my only family after nonno-"

"Let's not talk about nonno. All that matters is that I am fine and nothing bad is going to happen." I say cutting off Feliciano.

"OK, Fratello!" yelled happily.

I winced in pain.

"Feliciano, I have a severe hangover and if it is possible could you please be quiet," I said through my teeth.

"Oh, sorry Fratello." he replied in a hushed tone.

"Let's just go back to our apartment."

___________

"Fratello! Here are the painkillers you asked for!" Feli said skipping into the room.

I winced again and sunk further into the blanket that was wrapped around me.