"The Cause"

I woke up later in the day but Hunter was gone,I stood up and walked out of his room,I was actually hungry for once so Hunter said he'd take me out to lunch,we went to Apple Bee's

When we got there I sat across from him for awhile silently until "Who is Kian?"I didn't even think before I said it,it just kind of slipped out.

"He's part of the gang,he is the one with hazel eyes and his skin is always tan."he took a drink of his Coke.

I knew exactly who he was,I sat by him yesterday."Why didn't you just tell me how you felt instead of hiring someone to ki-" he covered my mouth quickly,basically telling me to shut my mouth.

He let go and I didn't finish my sentence "he wasn't supposed to die,he was only supposed to get hurt ,and Maddie you weren't taking the hints that I hated him"he looked at me seriously

I hated it when he looked at me like that,but he new I hated it ,that's why he did it.I just looked down.

"So you've killed people before?" I said quietly,just loud enough for him to hear

"Only 6" he laughed

"That's not a small amount,that's wrong,Hunter you should be in jail,or prison"I didn't look at him,I knew he was going to be mad I said that

"No I shouldn't Maddie ,you don't understand,we aren't the bad guys,we're the good guys."

I just nodded ,I didn't feel like talking about that anymore.

"So why did you have Joey bring me to you?"I looked up at him after awhile.

"Because,the cause knows who you are now,it's not safe for you to be alone anymore"he sighed and looked at his phone

"Who's the cause?and why does it matter?"

"Rival gang,and it matters because they will drug you and sell you in the black market for sex,or they'll kill you,depends how much your worth"he turned his phone off as the waitress came and gave us our food.

After she was gone I looked at him "I don't want to be with you if I have to worry about that"I took a bite out of my sandwich

"It's a little to late Maddie."

We both didn't talk the rest of lunch,after we were done we got back in the SUV,we drove in silence for a while,until I glared in the mirror,it looked like there was someone following us,they might just be going the same way though,but I told Hunter any way "um ,H-Hunter,someone's following us"

He looked in the mirror"Shit"he whispered and turned in the middle of the road and getting out when the other car stopped "Maddie stay here"he said strictly and walked away closing the door.

I did ,I heard them talking about "the girl" I'm guessing that's me,after awhile they started talking,then fighting ,there was someone walking up the my door,he looked maybe 16 or 17,he was hot,and I mean hot,this guy was probably bad news but I couldn't ignore the fact he was cute.

He must of noticed I was staring at him,I probably looked stupid whatever,I went to open the door,it was locked,he pulled on it and pulled on it so I waited till he pulled really hard and I unlocked it,he didn't fall for that,when he opened it he grabbed me quickly,holding me by my waist ,I screamed and kicked him but nothing was happening really .

After we walked by where Hunter and a few other guys were,he held a gun to the side of my head,I immediately stopped kicking him I just closed my eyes tightly.

"Hunter if you don't let go right now,your little girlfriend gets her brains blown out."he said calmly signaling Hunter to let go of some guys neck.

"Connor,leave her out of this,she hasn't done anything" he dropped the guy and came closer to me and this guy that I'm guessing was named Connor.

He loaded the gun"not a step closer Rowland"

Hunter stood still "ok ok,Connor what do you want?" He sighed

"That's better,and I don't want anything,just Maddie,she'd be worth a lot in the black market,beautiful,I could see why you kept her"I cringed at the thought

"I'm afraid that's the only thing you can't have"Hunter looked at me then back up at Connor

"Ok,what are you going to do about it?" He passed me to another guy ,this guy started walking to the mustang I saw earlier.

I wasn't going to go down that easily ,I grabbed the door as soon as he opened it and slammed his fingers in it,and jumped out of his grasp,I sprinted into Hunter's arms,jumping into them,I had never held onto anything or anyone tighter,he hugged me tightly in relief,brushing his fingers though my hair "I thought I told you to stay there?" He whispered

"I tried to out smart him,it didn't work..."I rested my head on him...

"Oh feisty,great quality"Connor laughed coming closer

"Maddie when I say three,you run to the car and don't look back" Hunter whispered,I just nodded

"1,2,...3" he yelled at three and I jumped out of his arms and got into the back of the SUV and slammed the door,I heard gun shots,4 to be exact then Hunter ran in,he drove off fast,I didn't dare look back...

A/N

ooo the cause really wants Maddie 😅