Triple Date

Honestly, I blame everything that went wrong on either Matt or Ryder. 

The date started off well enough at Ryder's house. It was the summer after our first years of college and it was the first time we'd all hung out. 

It was just like old times, except for the fact that we had another addition to our group: Rosanna Bowman. Axel had met her while he was studying. Apparently they had met in Italy, while Axel was taking a trip there. In fact, the reason we were all together was because Axel wanted to introduce his new girl to our group.

Rosanna was nice enough. I thought she was alright, but Peyton was the one who really liked her. Part of me was jealous, but the other part of me was happy that Rosanna was so included. 

Anyways, she and Axel seemed happy together and that was enough for me. They did look good together, in a weird way. If I had seen Rosanna on her own, I'd steer clear. She had the confidence level of Zoey, but while Zoey radiated sexy Rosanna radiated elegance. She had long, dark brown, skin the color of cocoa and milk mixed together, and deep brown eyes. Her body was also to die for. 

Okay, enough about my girl crush. 

There we were in Ryder's living room, recounting stories about what we had experienced in our freshman year of college. 

And everything went south when Matt suggested we grab some frozen yogurt. 

We crowded in Peyton's car (since it was the biggest) and set off for the local yogurt shop. 

It was all okay until we exited the shop and started going back to the car. Ryder thought it'd be funny to waste his perfectly good toppings and chuck them at Matt's head. 

Of course Matt declared war back on his best friend. 

Peyton and I knew better than to stand there in the middle of a yogurt-topping-war, so we skirted to the edge of her car for shelter. 

Unfortunately Rosanna didn't, so she ended up getting Matt's frozen yogurt spilled all over her fancy-looking top. 

"Oh shit," he cussed, his eyes wide. "Shit, shit, shit, shit." 

Axel looked mortified. "You idiot!" he exclaimed. 

Rosanna looked hurt, but Axel quickly shook his head. "No, not you, babe. My idiot friends. We need some napkins." 

Peyton and Ryder raced inside and brought out enough napkins for a small village. Peyton furiously dabbed at Rosanna's shirt. "You know, it wouldn't be a real hangout if nobody had to take off their clothes, you know?" Peyton half-joked as Rosanna tugged off the sweater. Luckily she had a t-shirt under it. 

Axel quickly shook his head. "No, no," he laughed nervously. He glared at Peyton. "We don't usually take off our clothes when we're all together." 

Ryder let out a loud snicker but quickly covered it up by coughing into his sleeve. I elbowed his side. "Don't be an asshole," I hissed through my teeth. 

"Me?" he asked with an innocent expression. 

I rolled my eyes at my stupid boyfriend. 

After Rosanna had gotten cleaned up, Matt had another bright idea: head to the local arcade. 

There, it was loud and full of prepubescent boys whose jaws literally dropped when they saw all of us. It was actually pretty funny. 

"Matt, this place is full of thirteen-year-old boys," Peyton complained as two of them zoomed past us toward the prize booth. 

Matt rolled his eyes and wrapped an arm around Peyton's waist. "Trust me. It'll be romantic," he drawled, tugging her towards some stupid dance game.